American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Army Awards for October
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:34 pm 
Gentlemen of the Army of the Mississippi,

As we are all present this month let us commence with handing out some hardware before we return to the fields of battle!

We had another fine month! Our raids were a “smashing” success and we have earned the right to declare ourselves the finest Army in the ACWGC… let those that doubt it dare challenge us!

We did lose a few of our men this month – Brig. Gen. Mike Burns and Col. Ray Anderson were placed in the Hospital. Brig. Gen. Ken Miller and Maj. Tom Wight went on voluntary LoA for the next six months. We hope they will return to us after that time.

We did have a battle-hardened veteran return to our ranks in Brig. Gen. Tim Miller. Tim served as the II Corps Commander years ago under Gen. Gene Nix.

Gen. Mallory’s second term as President has come to a close and we all welcome him back to our Army full-time with open arms. I am happy to say the post of President will stay with one of our own as I was elected President last month. I will stay on as the AC at the present time. This Army is, indeed, my home!

Another administrative note – II Corps will no longer be led by Col. Nick DeStefano. He has graciously agreed to step down and allow another deserving officer the opportunity to command the glorious “Wolf Pack.” Maj. Gen. Paul Kenney will now lead the II Corps. Commanding his old 3rd Division will be Col. Mark Davis. Col. DeStefano will return to the ranks as the Artillery Commander of 2nd Division of II Corps. Field Lt. Grant Davey is being moved to the III Corps to help keep their ranks full. I wish to thank all of the officers involved in this for their willingness to accept new roles and allow others the opportunity to command on multiple levels.

I wish you all a safe November as we begin to approach the holidays. As one who works in retail I beg you all to make our lives a bit easier and remember to thank your cashiers and clerks… also do not steal Snowblowers (check the Smoking Room forum “Real-Life Dumb Crook Story” for this bit of lunacy from my own life).

On to the Monthly Awards!

Receiving Ribbons for Battle Victories this month are:

Brig. Gen. Harold Lajoie and Brig. Gen. Neal Hebert for their first Victory

Maj. Gen. Paul Kenney scored his tenth Victory this month!

The following officers received Maneuver Citations:

Col. Nick DeStefano – 1 Maneuver

Col. Mark Davis, Col. Gregory Barnard, and Col. Joe Medeiros – 5 Maneuvers

And, myself, having completed my 20th Maneuver within this Army… and people wonder how it is I know so many of you so well!

This month’s Brigade Award goes to Col. Gregory Barnard who completed a number of maneuvers and has shown a fine spirit in this Army over the past few months!

The bi-monthly Divisional Award goes to Gator Alley who whipped up on the Yanks from the AotC at Gator Pike! Well done, sirs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 pm 

General Strickler <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

My congratulations to those earning awards in October.

Gator Alley is also appreciative of the recognition. We have an excellent group of officers, which a group from the AoC recently learned. Leaving a 1 mile gap in your lines is never a good thing :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:46 am 

Congratulations to all!

A round of drinks is in order

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]