American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: February Gathering
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 pm 

Gentlemen, This call goes out to all officers of the Army of Alabama. This here is a fine tavern and Claude does a fine job of keeping our glasses full. I would prefer that y'all tend to your ablutions before you come in here - that way we don't get mistaken for a Livery Stable. But you are all welcome to drink here at my table and spread some yarns about your adventures in the field.

Now - Who wants to be first?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: February Gathering
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 am 
Did I ever tell you about the time when I was a young Lieutenant in the CSN? I spent months aboard a small vessel trying to hunt down Yankee merchant ships. Finally I got fed up with seeing nothing but water and complained to my officer. "I joined the Navy to see the world and fight! Yet all I do is see a bunch of water." He told me, "Three-quarters of the world is water. If you wanted to see the other quarter and fight more you should have joined the Army." So I took a transfer to the Army of the Mississippi instead.

Barkeep, a round of drinks for the fine officers in the AoA!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 pm 

Claude, if you would please - send another drink down to that SWABEE over there. At least he finally found himself in the right organization. After all - fightin' on the water is for the Brits and the French.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 pm 
This talk of the navy reminds me of another story I heard from a Yankee prisoner. Thanks for the drink, Claude.

After an underwater mine was brought aboard a Union vessel General Grant and Flag Officer Foote began to examine it. While the mine was being disarmed it made a hissing sound which alarmed the crew and the officers which scrambled for cover. Grant and Foote lunged for a ladder. Grant got there first and, followed closely by Foote, scrambled to the upper deck. Collecting their wits, they smiled at each other. ‘What’s your hurry?’ asked Foote, to which Grant replied, ‘The Army can not afford to let the Navy get ahead of it.’

I dont believe the Navy has ever caught up :D

Another round, Claude!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 am 

Gentleman,

I am back from the field of battle (Murfreesboro) where I am afraid to report having been given a whipping by those devious bushwhackin' yankees.
In reference to General Pinkham's request that officers attend to their ablutions before entering, I can confirm that in my case this will not be necessary having recently had to swim the Stones River to avoid capture by the Yanks.

Now, pass me a pint of that good whisky so'as I can sit in this corner and drown my sorrows.

II Corps "The Light Fighters"
Army of Alabama
CSA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm 

Gen. Broadhead, Suh - you are welcome here to drink our swill and relax after a harrowing experience. It seems we Rebs have faried badly at Murfreesborro - more that once. I too have had to swim for my life - in fact I had to move so fast I barely got wet as I crossed the river as rapidly as an otter.

Hopefully we can come up with a GOOD plan to beat those fowl devils - we just need a few more pints under our belts so's we can think a little clearer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm 

I shall also pull up a chair and regale you all with my tails of greatness - they are usally very short :D Barkeep a round of beers with whiskey chasers. I need a break from all the fighting - I have General Elkin besiging me at Atlanta, General Simms is chasing me all over the Ozarks and General Lytwak has me cornered in Nashville - damn Smurfs

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]