American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Garner's Last Address
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 pm 

I would like to comment on 2012 and 2013 with regards to the AoM. I came from a different army in late 2011, and can not believe the differences in two armies. This one is a home to me because of the friends I have made here. I am very proud of this organization and the strength it has come to exhibit. I attribute this to the people who supported me, as I had very little to do with it. I was able to stand on the shoulders of giants.

I would like to thank General Neal Hebert for his earliest support and friendship. Neal helped the AoM accept me as an outsider from the first day, and I will never forget that.
He involved me early in MP games and help me get to know the division and has been a great teacher. Mostly I admire his passion and wit.

Tim Miller stepped up as CoS and has been a steady influence. Unlike our current real US government, which can not bring people of different ideas forward, Tim can do that easily. The effort he places on communications and effort in organization outdistances mine, and I believe the army to be stronger with his lead. Tim helps support enough moral courage to get the Corp initiative going. His emails and internet communications are outstanding, and he places a lot of personal effort in leadership.

Constantly people stepped up, Joe Medeiros stepped up as a division leader and corp leader. Tony Beyersdorf stepped up as a divison leader as well as Sasha Marx. I hope Sasha uses his influence to recruit the entire German gaming nation to our army. Tony may serve in some additional capacities in the future. If he ever leave the 4th division we will have to reconsider it's name and flag. Roll Tide, Tony.

Other division leaders stayed in place, Mike Laabs and Tim Reneau keep this army stable. Tom Moore stepped in as division leader and Chief adjutant.

Others served as they could until real life commanded more time. DW Mallory as our First Corp leader, Hampus Drott as past division leader also. There was always someone to step in when someone else needed to drop back.

Now I think I should drop back and concentrate on just fighting for a while. I strongly believe we are better than ever before with the new leadership, and I resoundly support Tim, Neal, and Joe or else I would stay on some more.

I thank you all and look forward to cheering you on. I have the pleasure of reporting to Tim Reneau in Gator alley and feel lucky to be there.

I would like to thank you again for making my stay as your leader so welcome.

Gen Jim Garner
Sons of Cleburne
Gator Alley
4/2/II

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm 
<SALUTE>

Splendid job as Army Commander, sir! The AotM was lucky to gain you into their ranks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 pm 

General Garner <salute>

Suh, it has been my pleasure to serve under your command! The Army of the Mississippi is in as fine a shape has it has ever been, and much of this is the result of your leadership.

II Corps salutes you!

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm 

Officers.....
If you would join me ..we shall sip on some fine SC muscadine wine and chat about "Old Jim"...
and the future of the "Cause"

On to the Pecan Orchard..my brethern.....

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:21 pm 

General Miller, Sir,

I like the "old Jim" nickname. Sir, it will be an honour to follow you and your staff.

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]