American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm 

MG Phillips!!

Call the Army to Attention!!

At-Ten-Hut!!!!

Army of the Mississippi
Stand at..... Ease!!!

My Men....I am reluctant to announce the defection of the following Generals to the north
Gen Blake Strickler
LTG Mark Davis
MG Hampus Drott

I'd also like to ANNOUNCE that I will, myself, be joining the Union Armies on May 3rd! I believe I am a Yankee at heart and I shall follow my leader, General Blake, wherever he may go!

why?? I can not even speculate...but I can tell ya'll a story of a disreputable person who performed this similar deed for 30 pieces of silver....

But Enough!!

Let their names be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all mosaics and structures, stricken from every monument of the Confederacy. Let their names be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of all Good Southerners for all time.

So let it be written, so let it be done!

ARMY of the MISSISSIPPI!!!

AT-TEN-HUT!!!!

MG Phillips

Front & Center!!

Take charge of the Army and Dismiss them !!

ARMY of the MISSISSIPPI!!

DIS...MISSED!!!!

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:28 pm 
In American military history there is only one known case of a general switching sides:

His name is synonymous with disloyalty. During the American Revolutionary War, Benedict Arnold began the war in the Continental Army, but later defected to the British Army. While still a general on the American side, he became Commander of the West Point fort in New York, and offered to surrender it to the British. After the plot came to light, in September 1780, Arnold joined the British Army as a brigadier general, with a sizable pension and £6,000 signing bonus. Many believe that he was frustrated at being passed over for promotion, sickened by others taking credit for his achievements, and tired of (groundless) accusations that he exacted private property for the use of the army . In fact, Congressional investigations later found Arnold had spent much of his own money on the American war effort. Arnold’s plan unraveled due to an intercepted document: when American forces captured British Major John André carrying papers revealing the proposed surrender of West Point, Arnold fled to a British ship docked on the Hudson river, narrowly escaping the forces of one highly steamed George Washington. Britain quickly secured Arnold’s services, and he led British raids in Virginia, New London and Groton, Connecticut, before the war ended with the American victory at Yorktown. Arnold died in London, and monuments to him there are ambiguous at best.

Source: Top 10 Traitors in US History (Note: Benedict Arnold is #1)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:42 pm 
Us traitors?! You who would tear down Old Glory and see it trampled underfoot?! We three were deceived by youthful zeal to enlist in the Confederacy before we realized the glorious Union that was being torn asunder. We saw the light and are now fighting to defend the sacred Union which Rebellious scoundrels seek to destroy.

(By the way this is all tongue in cheek for fun! I know how Neal loves to roleplay so I expect a big retort from him later after someone reads this to him :wink: )

I also understand the Union pays $15 dollars a month... not that I care for the money you understand...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 pm 

there is something wrong about this jumping back and forth.

did we not just have a member who went over and then came back.............. whats up with that.

what about our super secret ( The Southern Raiders War College) strategy fort.........are they taking all that resides in the vaults to share with the Yanks.

what about all the nasty dossier's we have compiled on our northern Generals.........are they taking those files too?

like I said...............there is something not right.

Last but not least..................is our password to the secret files going to be changed.............well is it.

its getting so you can't trust anyone.

Last edited by dukemat on Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm 
Super-Secret Files?

Never fear.

Col. Sanders' Secret Recipe for Chicken is still in Confederate hands!

The CSA has no passwords for any forums but Mark, Hampus, and I no longer have access to the Southern Raiders Forum so it is still for CSA eyes only. The USA side has similiar 'unseen' forums that they use to communicate of course.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm 

Gents, being the CoA I had a lot to do with the three officers in question leaving so I know all the backgorund. It is not complex as ya all think. The CSA Department of the Army (Personnel) conducted a wide range of tests to determine the mental status of each of the three officers. It was found that in each case their mental capacity and functional reasoning had been in some way damaged. Each of the officers in question believe it has something to do with their service at Area 52 (Similar to the Union Area 51, but it is more focused on brewing high alcohol content moonshine). So to cut to the crux of the matter it would seem that none of these officers have the ability to handle their booze - shocking I know. So they had to go. Dang that flag Blake it is hard on the eyes :shock:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spelling

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm 
SIDE NOTE:

If any of these posts seem odd it is because Tim Miller and I are playing practical jokes on one another tonight. :mrgreen:

Mark, Hampus, and I did switch sides though. But the rumor that Tim Miller is following us is not true. He asked but we told him that he would actually have to shoulder a rifle and participate in a battle - he quickly changed his mind and was last seen hiding in the AotM Executive Washroom.

{admit it Tim - me changing your signature was funny! :lol: }

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm 

Yes...
LT XXXXX XXXXXXXXX, AoP
you are indeed funny....had me in tears...
I love this much more than gaming......bantering all in good fun.......

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 pm 
<SALUTE> my old buddy!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 pm 

Change your flag Blake as it is dang hard on my eyes - it is like a flag a bumble bee would have :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 pm 
Just call me the "Killer Bee" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:31 pm 
Someone please explain how these blue-coats get access to our Taverns? Who gives a darn what they think. Especially the turn-coat blue-coats guy, whatever his name is.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 am 

Sorry Mark the taverns are equal opportunity (political correctness gone mad I know). But we can and do raid the union taverns. If you wish I could take you on one or two - sort of tavern raiding training. You just need to be able to drink in an irresponsible manner and be able to handle the smell as Unionist are not known for being that clean, plus most of their taverns are two bit sleazy dives :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 pm 

Sir,

Please take me with you on the next trip.

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm 
Lt General Miller,
Tim,

May I offer a toast to our dearly departed kinfolk? :D

"Three Cheers for the ornery Confederates who have left the fold to join the Boys Scouts of the Potomac! The AoP can only be taken to new heights... low as those heights are... by the addition of these pretty boys! Why haven't we always complained there was no fight in the Union Army... so maybe these three can show them Yanks how it is supposed to be done?"

After all, the initials BS are quite appropriate for our dearly departed General... for who is better at dishing it out than him? And then poor Hampi... it's not his fault he was born in Sweden, the land of beautiful but dim witted blondes! I remember sending him that first HPS Gettysburg CD and having to tell him that it was for his computer and not a mirror to hang on the wall! But look at him now... a Lieutenant in the Union Army! Hampus! Hampus! He's our man... if he can't do it nobody can! As for Mr. Davis... I do not know him well so am reluctant to tease him! But if he lives up to the fine tradition of our esteemed President Jefferson Davis... then he will be fine. (Just avoid being captured in women's clothes, ok?) :wink:

I and the fine Officers of the Phantom Cavalry Division wish you all the best! We know you'll be back someday... and oh the stories you'll be able to tell us about those miserable wretches we call Yanks! <salute>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next