American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:12 am 

Mr. President, sir. <salute>
If you will permit me, sir, I think I can give you a TRUER account of the current troop placements. It's poor General Swanson's rose-colored glasses, sir. Makes him see things that isn't really there. I don't know. Probably why he fights for the Confederacy. Anyways, sir, if you will direct your attention to my map...

1. These are the brave, gallant boys in blue who have secured the town of Franklin by pushing the putrid ranks of grey from its streets. Imagine, sir, hoards of butternut and grey cowering behind the good citizens as we began our gallant advance through the town. Down right disgraceful, sir. Suffice to say, we have began dispersing rations to the citizens and are offering a reward to every individual that discloses where any grey back is hiding. :lol:

2. These are the brave men that contested Ft. Granger, sir. General Ross and the sassy cuss replacement for the good Lieutenant ( after he fell from his horse in fits of laughter after seeing Swanson on his old swayback mare ) are ready to be thrown back into the fight like a couple of rabid wolverines. Truth be told, sir, rumor has it that the Union had indeed secured the fort...but when the vanquished Rebs inside raised their arms in surrender, the stench was SO bad, the fort had to be vacated ( unless you are use to it, as they are ) thus leading everyone to believe they lost the fort in combat. :mrgreen:

3. What you see here, sir, is their left flank. These poor boys are dug in across the river and are staring wide-eyed in horror at the thought of our advance.

?. Well, sir, if I knew exactly what was going on in that three ring circus, I'd tell you.

Sir. I did order the Female Academy to be burned. I became so annoyed at Swanson for attempting a rescue mission for the dresses he had left behind inside that I ordered it put to the torch.

I hope this clarifies everything, sir. <salute>

Attachments:
franklin-min.jpg
franklin-min.jpg [ 115.84 KiB | Viewed 2125 times ]

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:31 am 

ouch!!!!!! lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:36 am 

Gentlemen!

Most excellent now! The stirring narratives and maps no doubt will be quoted and reviewed by future historians as they seek to establish what really happened on the field and to the dresses on this day.

Salute!

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 am 

Gentlemen

I will be posting a notice in the MDT momentarily to draw attention to the modification of the Games Feedback Subforum which indicates it is the place to file AAR's.

With your permission I would like to move this thread to that Section leaving a "ghost" in the MDT that will direct readers to the new location of this thread.

This scenario is from the Franklin Game, correct?

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:46 pm 

President Dortch, sir! <salute and hand shake>

Walt, you are correct. The battle map is from the Franklin campaign series.

Feel free to move the post to the AAR location.

I was hoping to generate an AAR report once the battle was done. I'm looking to try and generate a .gif file showing the replay of the whole battle. Would be pretty cool to watch how the battle unfolded and then show the results. :0)

Army of the Tennessee

Last edited by D. Hampel on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:46 pm 

William Stewart wrote:
ouch!!!!!! lol

You are right to laugh, it is indeed an amusing fantasy that Col. Campbell has constructed.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:55 am 

Attention officers of the ACWGC!!!!!

For a limited time only, we are offering General Swanson's Signature Rose-Colored Glasses, Battle Of Franklin Special Edition!!!!!!

Never...EVER...have you ever wore a pair of spectacles like this!

Take the worse situation your army can be in: Dwindling supplies, routed units, units with battle fatigue so high that if the enemy simply said, "BOO!"...and they would run like jack rabbits.

Yes, all can be lost, the continuance of a battle be senseless...BUT PUT A PAIR OF THESE BAD BOYS ON...AND YOUR'E READY TO GET BACK IN THE FIGHT!!!!!

Suddenly...your units are fresh as spring daises and all the men respect and honor your command. Supplies dwindling? Not anymore!!!! You now have PLEANTY of supplies to last you the rest of this fight and who knows? Maybe the next fight to!!!! The good citizens of Franklin that slammed doors in your face and dumped chamber pots from windows onto your cowardly men as they franticly tried to find refuge as the noble blue ranks advanced...WHY, THESE PEOPLE LOVE US!!!!! They can make you think you are getting your dresses back that you had left behind in your room at the Female Academy, especially that one you wore at the Lumberjacks Ball when they made you Belle Of The Ball in '58...right, Swanson? :lol: (They said you looked LOVELY, sir :wink:)

Yes! Order yours today! We're not quite sure where they are manufactured BUT...something tells me that they are made down south because...well...they seem to be an item worn exclusively by grey and butternut. Order now and for you Rebs, we will throw in a delousing kit!!!!!

All good Union currency can be sent to Col. Jason Campbell's Second Brigade.

Order in the next 10 minutes and we'll throw in General Swanson's best seller,

"Reluctant Rebel: How I Know The Union Is Going To Win This War But I Still Decide To Fight For The Rebs". Rumor has it that the latest Rebel officers that asked to join the Union cause were inspired by this book. Bless you, sir. :D

Attachments:
File comment: Swanson's Rose-Colored glasses
istockphoto-177116066-1024x1024-min.jpg
istockphoto-177116066-1024x1024-min.jpg [ 152.8 KiB | Viewed 2115 times ]

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 am 

"something tells me that they are made down south because . . . "

I'm sure a little thing called 'the blockade' had nothing to do with it. We have learned to be resourceful! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:55 am 

Especially Swanson :lol:

2nd Corp

AoT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:08 am 

How about you wear them things in a redneck bar down here in Texas?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:34 am 

Sounds like you're asking me out on a date, General. :lol:

Being a Reb, you no doubt sport your own pair so you've no doubt been patronizing bars in Texas for awhile now, no?

Cheers! Here's to the Sunday drinkers!

2nd Corp

AoT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:54 pm 

Ohhhhhhh Swanson?????????
Did you see me thumb my nose at you when my gallant Buckeyes crossed the bridge...under withering cannon and musket fire????????????
Probably missed it from sitting too low in the saddle on that swayback. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2nd Corp

AoT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:25 pm 

warhorse123 wrote:
Ohhhhhhh Swanson?????????
Did you see me thumb my nose at you when my gallant Buckeyes crossed the bridge...under withering cannon and musket fire????????????
Probably missed it from sitting too low in the saddle on that swayback. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We saw you, glad you decided to spare the citizens your continued presence in the town. For some strange reason my artillery took pity upon you and your troops and did not fire as you crossed the river - they have been reprimanded. Some of my infantry have moved to exchange some musketry in case the artillery continue to demonstrate undeserved pity on you and yours.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:36 pm 

Sir!!!!! I WILL NOT have you question the gallantry of my Buckeyes! We did INDEED, sir, come under artillery fire. In two volleys I lost 48 noble, brave men! If your gunners cannot break the will and spirit of Buckeyes as we crossed the bridge in high style, sir...please don't credit your flea infested artillery men for being merciful. :roll:

2nd Corp

AoT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:45 pm 

warhorse123 wrote:
Sir!!!!! I WILL NOT have you question the gallantry of my Buckeyes! We did INDEED, sir, come under artillery fire. In two volleys I lost 48 noble, brave men! If your gunners cannot break the will and spirit of Buckeyes as we crossed the bridge in high style, sir...please don't credit your flea infested artillery men for being merciful. :roll:

Colonel Campbell,

I believe your boys confused the Rebel Reserve artillery with Colonel Swanson's. Of course, when you've seen one cannonball, you've seen 'em all, right? :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next