American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:18 am 
Hey all,

I am playing my first campaign off the Shiloh disk and have enjoyed it so far. I just received a turn back today that raised some issues for me though and I'd appreciate any help y'all may be able to offer.

My opponent and I are in the second battle of our campaign and that in it's opening moves. His troops in column happened across my troops in column and, as you would expect, a little violence erupted. His troops column meeleed a battery of mine and a supply wagon, no problem....they were there. However, once the replay was over, for me, and I took a look around to see how I might best repay the favor to my esteemed opponent I do not see the supply wagon anywhere at all.

There's nowhere the wagon could move that I cannot get to as this was a happenstance encounter upon an open road and both sides are still able to freely maneuver. So, my question is where the bloody &%#! did that wagon go?

I expect the supply wagon to temporarily be under union control, but I also expect to take it back along with many of my opponents bluebellies, dead or alive matters little. Is this some type of error or has HPS suddenly changed the system? I've never seen this before so was hoping some of y'all could help me understand what has happened. Thanks in advance!

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:30 pm 

More information is needed to answer the question. I suspect your enemy simply moved it. Have you asked? So not to be too noisy, ask him if the supply wagon still exist? I doubt this is a bug.

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm 
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely do that but, given the location of the afore mentioned action, it seems highly unlikely the wagon escaped as we're in such close proximity of each other and the area in an open field with a clear line of sight. I'll follow up per your advice though. Thanks again,

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:28 am 

Mike,

Issues like this should always be sent to Support at hpssims.com along with a game file illustrating the issue...this way if there is a problem we can identify it and nail it quickly.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:08 am 
Hi Rich,

Good to hear from you! Yeah, I didn't think of that to be honest. I'll send out a note. I'm just used to popping off a note here at the tavern, lol. Thanks again for y'alls willingness to help!

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:35 am 

When you get a supply wagon i a melee, it still has it's full MPs to retreat it out of wherever...Right wrong or indifferent...[:D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 am 
Hey Jeff,

No I get that and I have no issue there its just there are only so many movement points for a wagon and those get lessened when other troops are on the road the wagon is attempting to use so it seems odd it can get by me without being seen. I'm probably not getting something though. Anyhoo, thanks for the input.

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia