American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:45 am 

All of a sudden Gary seems to have dropped out of sight. Not worried about the game, but worried about him. He has always been extremely prompt to return plays daily and sometimes more than once a day. I don't know if he is on holiday, ill, down computer or what. Wondering if one of you CSA chaps know anything. I have written him several times. Thanks. [I am getting paranoid...all my opponents seem to be disappearing.]

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 am 

It must be that they all QUAKE with fear when they play you.[:D][:p]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:06 am 

Gents:

I just send him an email about a New Cadet this morning. I have not heard from him as of yet. Will keep you posted...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:10 am 

Gents:

I just send him an email about a New Cadet this morning. I have not heard from him as of yet. Will keep you posted...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 pm 

Good one Ernie! [8D] If they are afraid of me they must be terrified to face Lightning Jim. [:p]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br />It must be that they all QUAKE with fear when they play you.[:D][:p]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:52 am 

Gents,

We have not been able to make any contacts with Col Caverly as well. Due to his duties at VMI, we have removed him from his position as of today.

We hope that all is well with Gary and his family. We at VMI knows that family and other business comes first and we will welcome Gary back. Please keep him in your prayers since no one has been able to get an answer about him.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />You all may be used to people just "disappearing" but this would not seem to be someone who might do that. Someone who took on an admin role and someone who went to Notso's SeeYa at Antietam...doesn't anyone have his phone number? or is that inappropriate to call meaning an invasion of his privacy. I came to "know" him as I do many of my opponents because I am, yes, chatty...and so I am worried about him and to know what is wrong might allow some of us to be able to assist in some way...if I am out of order, my apologies...it is just bizarre and out of character. I don't give a damn about our games or my games with Pat Mullen...I really care about them as real people. I tried finding his phone number but couldn't do so.

Whatever the issue is...family, computer down, illness...I wish him only the best...I am sorry but this is more than just club. Perhaps it shouldn't be, but for me it is not just a place to play games. I have made "friends" here or maybe acquaintenances but in any event they are real to me not just names on a game ladder.

If anyone knows any more just please email me...so this post doesn't get too public...I now despair that I started it. I should have just emailed his CO and left it at that.

Thanks,

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 am 

Tom,

That was a very good comment...I am sorry to say that I did not get his phone number but you made a very good point on that. I am like you. I joined the club to make new friends and to have fun. When I can't make friends anymore or have fun then I must also leave.

I believe as a whole that we all feel the same way as you do. But sometimes, we all get rush in our daily lives and in a hurry to return a file that we just don't find out anything about the person we are playing against.

I will start trying to be more personal in my contacts...I know that I have fallen down in that area lately and THANKS for reminding me of that.

I too an worried about Gary...I hope that some one that was on the trip was able to get his phone number and can call to check on him.

May God Bless You All...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:12 am 

No need to apologize at all. People just "leave" clubs, meaning abandon them all the time. Re-reading my post it sounds a bit "high-minded" of me and that wasn't my intention at all. You tried to contact him just as did I. That was probably enough. I am just too much the worrier. If he could contact us he would have, and if he or someone on his behalf could not...for any reason...then it is clearly not our business and perhaps he doesn't want to be in contact. So please PLEASE take my comment with a grain of salt...you guys are all wonderful fellows and flamming, good-natured, jibing posts aside, we all do care about all the others and life gets busy. So please don't take as it may have sounded.

Yes, we all wish him well and to be safe. Thanks so much for answering me.

Tom

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WTisdale</i>
<br />Tom,

That was a very good comment...I am sorry to say that I did not get his phone number but you made a very good point on that. I am like you. I joined the club to make new friends and to have fun. When I can't make friends anymore or have fun then I must also leave.

I believe as a whole that we all feel the same way as you do. But sometimes, we all get rush in our daily lives and in a hurry to return a file that we just don't find out anything about the person we are playing against.

I will start trying to be more personal in my contacts...I know that I have fallen down in that area lately and THANKS for reminding me of that.

I too an worried about Gary...I hope that some one that was on the trip was able to get his phone number and can call to check on him.

May God Bless You All...

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:06 pm 
Has anyone heard from Col Caverly yet? I have e-mailed him to no avail. Col Caverly trained me and he is a fine man. I hope that all is well. Will somebody please keep me updated? Thank you Suhs <salute>.

<font face="Georgia"><font size="3"><font color="orange">Steve Maddy
Field Lieutenant
1st Bde "Maddawgs", 2nd Div, I Corps
Army of Northern Virginia</font id="orange"></font id="size3"></font id="Georgia">