American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Next CSA CoA ...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:51 am 

Gentlemen,

I am sure many of you have been anxiously awaiting the results of the election. The ballots have been received and counted. Of 35 eligible voters, we had 21 votes cast for 60% voter turn-out.

The results are as follows:

Willie Tisdale - 15 votes
Pat Carroll - 6 votes

As President of the ACWGC and chairman of the CSA CoA Election Committee, I declare General Willie Tisdale the winner and the next Chief of the Armies of the CSA. His term begins today and will run for the next two years. (Due to my error in not having the election held earlier, he has served as 'interim' CSA CoA since the time his first term expired.)

My congratulations to both officers for well-run campaigns. The CSA and the club are indebted to them.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:26 am 

Gentlemen.

My Congratulations to all serving Officers of the CSA.

A new Term under the command of an experienced CoA.

A return to Belief in the Democratic system incorporated within the Army and the ACWGC itself . . . I believe that a 60% Turnout of the Electorate, heralds a resurgence of interest within the CSA and a determination displayed to move forward together, maintaining and improving Service within the CSA.

I stood for Election, motivated to a large extent, by my desire to see this Post filled by Election - rather than mere Acclaimation.

Let Us not back-slide from this small step taken today, Let Us march away from Apathy and progress towards Renewed Vigour, in Our Resistance to the oppressive Yankees!

My Heart-Felt Thanks to the Officers that voted for Me.

My Thanks especially to all the Officers that voted . . . Because You voted - General Tisdale holds a respectable Mandate to lead Us over the next 2 years.

My sincerest Thanks and Congratulations to Willie - Thanks for the respectful and courteous Campaign. I believe the Debate generated during the Campaign will benefit specifically the CSA and the ACWGC in general. It is my fondest desire that the CSA can build on the Topics raised . . . strenghtening Us into the future.

Congratulations General Tisdale! <SALUTE!>

Three Cheers for the Chief!

Hip, Hip . . . . . [:D]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Lieutenant General.
Highland Division.
II Corps.
Army of Georgia.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

"Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:04 am 
Willie,

Congrats on your re-election.....I hope you are able to act upon some of the sentiments you expressed during your campaign (Of course there might be one or 2 I hope you don't get to act on....lol)

Pat,

Let this be a firm but clear lesson to you.....Not enough negative campaigning.....Had you convinced just a few more voters that General Tisdale is actually a Northern sympathyzing, corrupt, same ol, same ol, orderly chasing politician then you'd be sitting in the seat of power right now making the big bucks! Well, you had your chance, but you refused to take the low road......For shame!!!!

I only hope the next time you run, you'll recant all this politically correct stuff and drag the entire show right through the mud. THAT WILL BE ENTERTAINING!!!!!! [:D]

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 am 

Well done Gents on the electoral campaign front. Thanks General Carroll for standing and putting up a good fight. General Tisdale congratulations and salutations, looks like you are still my boss[:D][:D] Will there be excessive drinking to mark the occasion?

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 pm 

Gentlemen - Salute

I first would like to thank each one of you for your support and your vote for my second term as your CoA. I would also like to thank General Carroll for a very fun campaign and for his different views on somethings.

I was pleased to see the total number of votes that was casted but I would rather have seen 100 % voting...But I will take what we got.

I just send my fastest riders out to all of my KEY STAFF OFFICERS, requesting that they provide me with what they thought was good and what was bad with my last two years as your CoA.

As I promise in my campaign speach, I am preparing the first ever State of the CSA address. I am hoping to have this address to all CSA officers by next Sunday.

My tent flap is always open and I am willing to discuss anything with any officer of the CSA...I value your opinion.

Again, I would like to thank you all that voted for me and allowing me to serve another two years....but I also would like to thank those of you that did not vote for me - I can use that as a measuring stick so that I can do a much better job.

Thanks, and now it is time to kick some Yankee butt....

Long Live the South !!!!!

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 pm 

Congratulations General Tisdale on your re-election.
Also my best wishes and thanks to Gen Carroll for standing. It is really reassuring to know that a good election process has taken place with exceptionally fine officers standing.

Gen Tisdale Sir - At the time of your approval of the Western Thunder Tournament you indicated that you hoped to participate if you were re-elected to the position of COA (as an officer of ANV you would have been excluded unfortunately as it is WT tournament). As you have been re-elected we look forward to receiving your application and preference list and to your leading of our glorious Southern Forces against those bluebellied rascals!

Col Stewart Stiles
WT CoS
5 Brig 3 Div
I Corps
AotM