American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 am 
Gentlemen of the American Civil War Game Club,

You are invited to “Pass in Review” in honor of the 15th Anniversary of the founding of the American Civil War Game Club! The reviewing stand will remain open for the entire month of May to allow as many officers as possible to participate and offer their salutes.

Especially welcomed will be any remembrance posts from those remaining charter officers who were among the first-year members of the club, whose recollections of the club at that time would be valuable additions to the forum record, as well as any from those officers who have good memory of the early years of the club. All are invited to tip their caps with memories in any fashion desired.

This will be a Combined Armies Review, the officers of the North and South stepping through together in equal measure. However, given the present, increased action brought on by the Spring Campaign and the reluctance to pull large elements of each field army out of the line at any given time, there will be no structured review process. All officers may post as a reply to this thread at any time convenient to their own field operations, provided that they properly announce and identify their own, individual commands.

OFFICERS OF THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR GAME CLUB!

PASS IN REVIEW!

Courtesy of the ACWGC Cabinet

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 am 
As far as can be determined there are currently 4 CSA officers left from 1997 who have been on the rolls the entire time: Pierre, Mark Adams, Tom Dehoff and Denis McBride.

USA records are incomplete as a result of the extensive raiding and damage done to the USA files over the past years by the CSA cavalry :mrgreen:

A round of drinks for all in the Club and may the next 15 years be just as fun!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:23 am 

Officers and Gentlemen of the Armies of the Confederacy <Salute>

This month our club has been in existence for 15 years. For a club in the cyber world this is an event of some significance as 15 years is a very long time. I would encourage each of you to add your comments and thoughts to the ACWGC Presidents post. Even if you have just joined last week or 15 years ago I would like you each to share your thoughts and experiences on/with our club.

For me it has been only 5 years, but I have made many good friends (most of which I have never met in person) and I have had many great battles (not a very good win loss record). It is great to share a passion and comradeship with like minded individuals, be they wearing blue or gray. So gents if I could buy you each a drink in the physical world then I would and them some.

So please join me to raise a glass (or 30) to our club and it's continued longevity

Yours Aye,

Cam

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:16 am 

Gentlemen, <salute>

I am honored to be among such distinguished guests and officers, and am proud to be bending an elbow or two in the libations. Being in this club just short of a year I have made some fine friends, all fine gentlemen and officers to the core. They helped me gladly to get over some rocky roads and their understanding is so much appreciated, I raise my glass to a long lasting friendship and this club.

Colonel Bill Schmitt
Army of Alabama/4th Horse Art/3rd Cav/III Corps

I Corps.
Army of the Potomac

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 am 

Gentlemen All <Salute>;

I rise to toast all whether you wear gray or blue! Few times has this gray wearing, gray haired officer experienced the pleasure offered by the ACWGC members. The total is truely greater than the sum of its parts. Thank you all.

Commanding

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:34 am 

Gentlemen of the ACWGC,

It´s been 3 years and 3 months since i have joined this fine club. From the first days i am member of the AotM.
Meet some nice and kind members here. I want to join raise glasses.

My special regards goes to these officers:

Maj Harry Haines, AotM CSA
Brig Gen Dr.Klaus Kuhlmann, AoG CSA
Gen Blake Strickler, AotM CSA
Gen Joseph Meyer, CoA USA
Brig Gen Lutz Schmidt, AotP USA

To your health!
Cheers!

1st Division"Blut und Boden", Commanding
I.Corps "Cold Steel"
Army of the Mississippi

"Serving god and country proudly"

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am 

Gentlemen,

The fantastic hobby of ACWGC is a blessing to be ever grateful for. I have thoroughly enjoyed the total gaming experience offered: excellent play and analysis, interesting commentary, both historical and histrionic, entertaining postings, the whole bit. ACWGC is an oasis of fun in the RL press. Thank you all for being part of the Club.

By battery, Salute!

1/3/III ANV

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:51 am 

I was originally here in the late 90s, though not a charter member. I can still remember seeing the old Talonsoft Gettysburg game at Babbage's - and that excitement was nothing compared to finding there was a club! Oh for the days I could run 15-20 games at once, but still enjoy the games I'm able to participate in. I've had many fine opponents over the years (going back to "the day," memories of Ed Blackburn, Antony Barlow, David Danner, David Groce and Jeff Laub still give me nightmares! :shock: ), and look forward to another 15 years of gaming.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:21 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR GAME CLUB!

And here's to everyone that ever was, is or will be a part of it! What a fantastic organization and excellent group of individuals!

I want to hear as much as I can about those early days and years.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:50 pm 

Geetings & Salutations Comrades! <salute>

Joining The Club transformed me in fundamental ways.

A lifelong recluse & an old board war-gamer with 25+ years solitaire experience with primarily Avalon Hill, I was thrilled to run across PC versions soon after acquiring my first home computer late in '05. Salivating over the prospect of "live" competition it never occurred to me that I would actually have to talk to people!

Some six years after the fact I have made acquaintances & formed friendships with opponents across the North America, Europe, South America & Australia & the experience has been deeply enriching.

I have also had the opportunity to meet Club-members face to face on two occasions, while then living in Richmond, Virginia, touring several major battlefields for the first time in their company.

It has truly been a bless'd & fortuitous fate that smiled upon me that Feburary 2006 when I stumbled across ACWGC.

Lieutenant General Tom Phillips
7th Cavalry Brigade/The Brus
Armstrong's Cavalry Division
Hardee's Corps (1st Corps)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:05 pm 

I joined in March 1999, 3 months after joining the Napoleonic Wargame Club. Prior to that I had been finding opponents on the old Talonsoft forum until I got an invitation to join from Michael O'Connor. I was assigned to the Army of the Cumberland, where I have remained ever since, apart from a spell as Western Theater Commander. If you follow this link you can see archived webpages showing the AotC OOB over the years: http://www.arbarlow.webspace.virginmedi ... ve.htm#OOB

I've had such a lot of fun in this club over the years and have met some really great people on both sides of the club. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of something so special for so long. Long may the club continue!

By the way, Sean Turner is being overly generous (or forgetful in his old age). I may have beaten him over at the Napoleonic Wargame Club but I only received harsh lessons from him over here at the ACWGC. One of the many fine opponents and gentlemen I've encountered here.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:23 pm 

Gentlemen, <salute>
The Iron Horse Cavalry Division is honored to pass in review.
Many thanks to the fine gentlemen who kept this club moving forward.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:24 pm 

Officers of the ACWGC I/I/VI, AotS, The Fighting Bucktails, passes in review - eyes right with a crisp and pop <salute>.

I thank the founders and all the contributers for the club.
A round raised, and Cubans offered, (legal, from the Hill Tobacconer on Mack near ANV's Ist Corps Maj Gen John Moore's HQ. How does a Union man know so much about a CSA CG's Headquarters? Intel intel intel, and poor perimeter guard?)

The Bucktails

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm 

I originally joined this fine club back in April 2004 and after graduating from VMI I was assigned to the best army in the CSA that was the AotM. But do to R.L issues I had to retired from the club but every now and then I stop in and have a round or 12 with my fellow Southerners and on occasion a few Yankees. Anyway here's a toast to the fine gentlemen of the club........north and South and that go's to you too General Cam. Between the email and the smell of fine Scotch Malt whiskey I couldn't turn down the offer. <SALUTE>

1st Corp Naval Detachment
2nd Engineering Blte
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

This month marks 3 years since I joined the ACWGC, and my only regret is not having done so earlier. Thank you to those who formed the club and have kept it going through the last 15 years, and I look forward to at least another 15 years of Nicodemus and Gator Alley giving the Yanks fits in MP battles.

Hoorah to the ACWGC!

CSA Cabinet Secretary