American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hancocks Division
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 pm 

Post subject: Re: Hancocks Division
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:13 pm 
Gentlemen,

Good afternoon! <salute>

Isn't it amazing how you are trying to design a graphic that will perfectly fit into a certain forum. You preview it... and it looks great. Then you post it after hours of work and then it's TOO BIG!!! Crazy!! Ah well... I'm certainly not resizing it at this point!

At this point, Hancocks Division is a collection of Officer's that have come together as an unofficial MP gaming group. We are currently engaging the infamous "Gator Alley" Division of the Army of the Mississippi under the command of Major General Neal Hebert. There is some rumor that they are the Confederacy's premier Division and that they are undefeated in Multiplayer Combat. With such fabulous rumors being circulated south of the Mason-Dixon line... we felt that it was time to put tall these TALL TALES to rest and for the real story to be told!

As it turns out... Major General Hebert and his pet alligator Nicodemus are about the most entertaining actors that I've ever witnessed in my life and I just had to share this Vaudeville Act with you! For those of you that don't know what Vaudeville is... it was a performance made up of separate unrelated acts to include musicians, poets (Neal is quite the poet), dancers, comedians, trained animals (like Nicodemus), magicians, male and female imposters (much like General Strickler), acrobats, athletes (excludes Tennesseans) etc. So for your viewing pleasure... I'll be posting various comical details that arise in the course of the battle!

Have fun... for we surely are!

Colonel Greg Olinsky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:19 pm 
Here's a message that accompanied our battle file on Turn 1.

Yanks and deserters,

While we admire your audacity in challenging the gators, your punishment will be as devastating as experienced by those before you.

The Confederate Army is on the march, and if you're pickets and spies can't quite make out the thunder in the distance it is the cadence being called as we march to victory:

Nicodemus, he's our man
He bit off Olinsky's hand
Tried to put him in a sack
Half his arm's what he got back

Marching to the village
Where all the Yankees shop
I break out my machete
And I begin to chop

Left, right, left, right, left, right, Kill!

It's not too late, you can scurry back to D.C. and save your sorry hides

Nicodemus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:22 pm 
Nonsense the graphic looks great. I think it depends on the size of your monitor. On mine it fits nicely but I have a large monitor so I am not sure about others.

You forgot to add pictures of the Union soldiers of your Division! Difficult I know because most are cowering under rocks. One of sketch artists did manage this drawing based on the last time we saw one of them in the open.

Feel free to contact me anytime for a MP game (pick your number of players). I am always happy to oblige.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:23 pm 
Here is Lt General Ed Blackburn's response.

The Rebs are crying in their booze
The Yanks made Nico into shoes
He tried to bite old Fighting Joe
Made a lunge but was to slow

Nicodemus was a ripe old gator
But tasted great with eggs and maters
As luggage goes he was quite fine
As boots his hide sure holds a shine

Left, Right, Left, Right, and it’s on to Richmond!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:29 pm 
Thanks, Blake!

I went ahead and resized the image a few times. I lost some image quality but at least it fits properly now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:59 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Gator Alley lays no claim to be the premier of anything other than kicking Yankee a$$. We have the record to back it up. Olinsky has his team which has accomplished nothing to date.

You and General Strickler exchange pics and words, we'll fight the battle.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:01 pm 

The weird thing is that the division lists two members who are currently Rebs – so is this new division some sort of equal opportunity outfit, who 50% of the time fights for the Union and the other 50% of the time fights for the CSA :?:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:11 pm 

cameronm wrote:
The weird thing is that the division lists two members who are currently Rebs – so is this new division some sort of equal opportunity outfit, who 50% of the time fights for the Union and the other 50% of the time fights for the CSA :?:

somehow that just don't seem right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm 

Clint, I can only agree- it an't natural - to me it sounds like political correctness gone mad

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
Gentlemen,

At a minimum... there is at least a suggestion that there are fine Officer's on both sides of the Mason Dixon. And hope for the future in the fact that those wearing different colored uniforms can cooperate! :wink:

But anyone who has been around the Club long enough knows that those things are true! :)

General McOmish... you should have in your possession requests from Major General Sean Turner & Lt Colonel James Foster asking for your approval to muster out of the fine Confederate Army and General Meyer will have one from them requesting admission to the Union Army.

I'm looking forward to getting all of these fine Officers in one Division... on one side of the Mason Dixon. <salute>

Warmest Regards,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 pm 

General McOmish <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

I believe the Yanks couldn't muster up enough elite officers and Colonel Olinsky resorted to trickery and bribery to entice two of our officers to shore up the Yankee effort. No doubt gold and silver exchanged hands along with promises of women and booze so long as they remained sober enough to remain in the saddle. Which end of the horse they were facing probably a matter of no great concern.

I can't report any details of our current battle in order to maintain operational security, however Nicodemus does report that one of our former officers was spotted riding backwards in the saddle with tassles hanging from the seat of his pants. These are believed to have been acquired from a member of the Hancock's Division entertainment committee. A hell of a thing this war has become.

Your humble servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm 

Both officers concerned are fine southern gents, so I can only conclude that dark forces are at work – do I see the hand of Drex Vader/Darth Olinsky beckoning these poor officers to the dark side. Nicodemus will need to be ever vigilant

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 pm 
Or, they could be just faking their Union sentiments in order to gain access to "locked" Union forums and then be planning to send us back the intel. Or, rather, confirm the lack of intel that they have.

Not that we would ever contemplate doing such an under-handed and sneaky thing 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:26 pm 
Gentlemen,

Oh the wild things that are running through my head at the moment... :oops: oh how my tongue is desirous of being unleashed... 8)

But as the commander of Hancocks Division, I've vowed to uphold a new Code of Conduct where... "At all times, he displays the conduct becoming of an officer and gentleman." As we speak... I am packing my bags in preparation to head off to a week long conference in Washington DC, where General Winfield Scott is teaching the finer points of being "an Officer and a Gentleman".

The flyer that General Ringbloom gave to me... when he ORDERED me to go... said that "The phrase "an officer and a gentleman" means something. It harkens back to the age of chivalry and the code of conduct that knights were expected to follow. And this is not simply a European concept. Historically, the warrior class in nearly every civilization had a code of conduct which continues to influence correct behavior today. Perhaps such traits as courtesy, honor, discretion, politeness, and respect for others seem to some to be a little old fashioned in the 1860's, but they are still prerequisites to being a gentleman."

I hope that I will be a good student and learn a lot... although I noticed General Ringbloom "DID" authorize me to stay an additional week if I have any difficulty learning these new concepts! :wink:

Warmest Regards,