American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:04 pm 

General

a few points to elaborate on....(1) you must not have hit General Garner very hard to get his attention or what I truly believe.... you and your wannabe fighting force are not significant enough to warrant our General's attention.
(2) any good General worth his salt will observe his enemy while he fights against his subordinates....(must not watched Star Trek..Khan)
(3) As Chief of Staff we will take on your challenge...

couriers are in route

LTG Tim Miller
CoS
AotM

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 pm 

General Miller, good CoS that you are, I assure you Gen. Garner and I have been in communication and he was aware that I would be issuing this public challenge. I was giving him a chance to reply in like manner for the amusement of all. After all, fighting is serious business enough and sometimes a more light-hearted approach is needed.
Your servant, Sir,
Gen. Ringbloom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 am 
Lt General Ringbloom,

Why Sir... I believe that General Garner is the "strong & silent" type... but then against he may be convulsing and quivering in fear of the mighty Army of the Shenandoah! That's the usual Rebel response... :wink:

As for the Rebels request with regards to needing some Yankee assistance with their web pages... I would be willing to put something basic together for them but I would need the appropriate information. They could have that lilly livered, pasty faced Chief of Staff contact me and I'll see what I can do! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am 
Drex wrote:
General Miller, good CoS that you are, I assure you Gen. Garner and I have been in communication and he was aware that I would be issuing this public challenge. I was giving him a chance to reply in like manner for the amusement of all. After all, fighting is serious business enough and sometimes a more light-hearted approach is needed.
Your servant, Sir,
Gen. Ringbloom

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. There's no fighting in the War Room."

Great movie :mrgreen: (some of you should be able to recognize that quote). Not Colonel Olinsky though as I recently discovered his understanding of random pop culture references is equal to a 15-year old teenage girl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:27 pm 
General Blake,

Sorry... no culture of any type in Nebraska! :?

Not sure what you even mean by pop culture... but we do have popCORN!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:57 pm 

Colonel Olinsky
Greg

I want you to know I spend many hours in the sun and have a tan :) .....now I have been accused of having a brain fried and out of my head but never having a lilly/pasty complexion :)

Tim

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

We all understand that you and General Garner have been in communication, and that this challenge was coming has been common knowledge for some time. There was a thread titled something along the lines of "Surrender or Die" posted some time back.

I do fall within the top four officers in the chain of command as commander of II Corps, Army of the Mississippi. Upon seeing your "light-hearted approach" I simply exercised my position of authority to reply in a like-minded approach upon seeing no reply from our commander due to his card game at Miss Clarissa's. I thought the reply was in the same manner, and funny as all get-go as well. I even talked General Blake into a bonus point :mrgreen:

Suh, you have the highest regards of this "militia without shoes", "mob", and whatever other terms you've chosen to describe our force. I believe I do speak for the entire Army of the Mississippi when I say that you will learn just how serious a business fighting is when your forces are sent running north all bloodied up and shot to hell. I certainly do speak for II Corps.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Post subject: Drex's Dandies
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:53 pm 

General Drex,

We look forward to the upcoming battle and we agree that it is difficult to balance the depth of the AoM to your Army. It is our good fortune to able to fight some of the troops we trained. We wish them well.

I have had the good fortune to meet some of your troops in recent torunaments and they we choosen with good talent pairing. We hope to provide long term friendship in our eternal battle for states rights. I hope I have as much fun in this tourney as the one with the ANV.

Sorry, I don't own any white gloves. All I can offer is the best troops in the club.

As you have been so kind as to volunteer to do most of the work, we scramble to gather more troops with such short notice and know whatever terms are agreed, we are confident in Victory.

One of the great benefits in these tournaments is the place to meet new foes that turn into long freindahips in battle. Thank you for that opportunity.

See you on the field.

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 pm 

General Garner: Thank you for your most eloquent and thoughtful acceptance of our challenge. I am sure that it will turn out to be a fun time for all and will establish a yearly get-together. In case we haven't mentioned it, there is the Hardee-Sheridan Cup at stake which will travel with the winner of the annual Offensive:
http://shenandoah.acwgc-usa.org/Picture ... nCupsm.gif the other three Cups are there for the ANV (Lee-Sheridan Cup), AoG (Cobb-Sheridan Cup) and the AoA (Longstreet-sheridan Cup). These babies will look good on anyone's website.
The pairings have been made but the entries shall not close until Wednesday. May the battles be hot and exciting.
your servant, Sir,
Lt.General Drex Ringbloom, AotS,Commanding