American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:10 pm 

First Inauguration of President Jefferson Davis - by James Mamelon

Upcoming Elections for Chief of the Armies (CoA) and CSA Cabinet Secretary

Officers of the Confederate States of America (CSA) Armies,

I wanted to let you all know that elections for the CSA Chief of the Armies (CoA) and the two CSA Cabinet Secretary positions on the Club Cabinet will take place shortly. I encourage anyone who meets the eligibility and wants to run to do so!

Eligibility requirements for running in a Cabinet Election can be found in the Clubs rules under this section:

3.3.4.2.1 Candidates for Cabinet Secretary or Club President must hold the rank of Colonel or above. To be eligible for a CoA position, a member must hold the rank of Lieutenant General or above in their respective Army.

Voting information can be found under these sections as well:

3.3.4.1.2 In the election of a CoA, only members at the rank of Lieutenant General or General, at the time the voting period begins, may vote for the CoA representing their respective military group. The Election Committee will use the Department of Records to verify ranks to determine office eligibility, and such other criteria as may be necessary to determine voting eligibility. Nominations for the CoA may be made by any regular officer subject to the restrictions in Rule 3.3.4.2.2 Candidates must be nominated by two other members before being placed on the ballot. Other than the President, nominating officers must be from the same military group as the candidate being nominated.

3.3.4.1.3 In the election of the Cabinet Secretaries, all regular officers will have a vote and they may only vote for the Cabinet Secretary representing their respective military group.

So even though the CoA election is more refined, the CSA Cabinet Secretary elections are where all CSA officers can have an impact, especially since there are two positions!

Keep an eye out on the forums for the posts about each election and I'll try to make sure we let you all know when each one is occurring, since we know folks are busy. The Union side of the Cabinet administers the elections for us on the CSA and we do the same for them, making for a fair process. We just got done administering the Union elections and now they will do the same for us.

There is also another forum post in May that noted all the elections taking place:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20963

Again, any CSA officer who is eligible to run for the CSA CoA or the two CSA Cabinet Secretary positions and wants to, I encourage you do so! The Club wouldn't be here without all of you as members and those of us who help run the Club value, appreciate and thank you all for being members and spending time here!

As always, I am open to all comments & suggestions from CSA Officers & the membership at large. You can email me anytime at eric2900@aol.com or my other email address: sludwig2900@gmail.com

Happy early 4th of July! (Here in the US)

My Best,
-Scott

General Scott Ludwig
Commanding Officer & Chief of the Armies (CoA) of the Confederate States of America (CSA)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:14 am 

General Ludwig, suh <salute>

Approximately when will the voting for CSA CoA take place? I assume we will be notified about where and when to vote.

Thank you.

Your most humble servant,

Gen. John Newton
1st Bgde/ IV Corps, Stuart's Cavalry /ANV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm 

Hey John! Good to hear from you. You have not missed it and folks will be told when it will be and the process.

I am checking with the Union folks overseeing our elections to make sure they are available. I also have a large newsletter to send out to both armies and this notice will come as well. Finally I want to email all the Lt. Generals and Generals myself, tell them about the CoA election and encourage anyone who wants to run to do so.

If all goes well, we'll be underway shortly!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm 

Did we advance here in any way?

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."