American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm 

PARADE ATTENTION!

Officers and men of the fine Confederate Army of Tennessee we are here today to say farewell to our “General Al Hovey” and to thank him for his service as our Army Commander. General Hovey may be leaving his command, but not our Army. He is taking up a Brigade Command – 1st Brig/1st Div/1st Corps. General Hovey will now review the Parade

PARADE WILL FORM FOR THE MARCH PAST – PARADE RIGHT TURN! THE HONOUR GUARD WILL LEAD FOLLOWED BY THE BAND AND REGIMENTS – BY THE LEFT QUICK MARCH!

“after a very long time, due to the number of units on parade, the march past finishes”

General Hovey we shall now retire to the officers mess “aka Vichsburg Arms” for tea and cake – I bloody well think not, we are going to hit the bar hard and drink like the western army officers we are. TO THE BAR MEN AND LETS DRINK TILL IT HURTS AND THEN PUSH IT FURTHER – FOR AL AND THE CONFEDERACY

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 pm 

<Salute>

Thanks for your support and leadership. sir!

Very Respectfully,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm 
<Salute>

I raise my sword and tip it in salute General. Your service is much appreciated!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm 

SALUTE

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
General Hovey, Sir! <salute>

Al, we have known each other a long time and I would like to express my appreciation for your devotion to duty throughout your long CSA career!

Let us continue to enjoy the gaming that we love so much and the camaraderie that makes this such a special place to be a member of!

Respectfully yours!

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Commandant, VMI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:40 am 

"Men of Arkansas" by Don Troiani.

Honors for General Al Hovey

Officers of the Confederate States of America (CSA) Armies & Fellow Club Members,

I am immensely pleased to gather everyone here today to celebrate an officer of the Confederate States of America (CSA) Armies who has served the CSA for almost all of the years he has been a member. General Al Hovey has quietly served the CSA & in particular the Western Theater of the Confederate States of America (CSA) for nine years having recently retired as the Commander of the Army of Tennessee (AoT) back to brigade command.

Al has been in the Club since 2008. He started serving the Western Theater Headquarters in January of 2010 and started serving as the Army of Alabama (AoA) Chief of Staff about the same time. Al became the Western Theater Adjutant General for most of 2013 and stayed as the AoA Chief of Staff until December 2013 when he took over as the Army Commander. He served in such capacity until through the CSA Realignment, then continued to serve as the Commander of the Army of the West (AotW) and recently served as the Commander of the Army of Tennessee (AoT).

Al's service has been 100% dedicated to the Western Theater in one form or another. He has been a long serving, stable hand at the helm of any force he led out there. He served with me personally for quite a number of years in several command setups and has been one of my right hand men. He was one of the best Chief's of Staff I had at the Western Theater Headquarters & I know he was indispensable to General Vern Pinkham when Al served as the AoA CoS. In times of need, Al has always been there to lend a hand, offer an opinion, give suggestions and always willing to do the administrative work needed. He has always been a hands on commander, great with communications and worked with me to hold the final vote on the name of the CSA's western army, as well as sort out the new awards for the AoT. Al has more than earned light duty! :D

In real life Al is a retired teacher having worked in several levels of education and it shows in the way he managed his many commands over the years! I personally am thankful for what Al has done, consider it a privilege to have served alongside him & glad to have him as a friend!

I gives me true pride, to award Al the following for his longstanding service. This announcement has been a longtime in the making, I meant to post something similar some years back, so Al deserves each & every medal given him today and then some!

Thank you Al from ALL of us!

Three Cheers for General Hovey!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

I have once again asked Drinkin' & Fightin' General Cam McOmish & his String Band play us "Rocky Top" in honor of Al and and his service as the Commander of the Army of Tennessee (AoT)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhtkO0n7ePQ

The buffet of food & more importantly drinks is open! Let's all get there before Cam does :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 pm 

salute

Nathan Bedford Forest Cavalry Corp (3rd)
Army of The West

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:14 pm 

salute

Nathan Bedford Forest Cavalry Corp (3rd)
Army of The West