American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:57 am 

Gents a couple questions: on fatigue recovery...playing a JT GB game...does unit formation effect fatigue recovery? also from reading rules looks like recovery
is not automatic but based on a randomly generated check by the game engine?...also updated my version of GB to 3.01 and files unzipped in my game folder
but version isn't updated in"about" window and there is no change in graphics? Thanks for your replies

Lt.Gen.John Lytwak
XVth AoT USA

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:34 am 

Hi, General,

From the manual:

Recovering Fatigue A unit may be eligible to recover Fatigue at the beginning of a player’s Movement Phase provided it has not Moved, Fired, participated in Melee, or been Fired upon with any effect from the time of the player’s previous Movement Phase. For each such unit a random value from 0 to twice the applicable recovery rate, determined by Parameter Data associated with the current battle, is subtracted from the unit’s Fatigue value. See the Parameter Data Dialog in the Main Program Help File for the recovery rate values.

In my experience, formation doesn't matter nor disruption. But routed units don't recover fatigue and gain it at night even when they don't move if a night movement fatigue penalty is in effect.

Building breastworks seems to adversely affect fatigue recovery but does not eliminate it.

The alternate fatigue option speeds up recovery for low and medium fatigue units.

I haven't updated Gettysburg yet, but for other games the change has always been noted in the about. I'd double check and make sure it was unzipped into the proper folder.

Last edited by mihalik on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am 

General Mike,
Thanks for the info!!! I have a lot of high fatigue Yankees that need to recover...Update is a bit of a mystery as it is in the correct folder and when I unzipped it reported overwriting files..I guess Ill know for sure if I run into compatibility issues with my current game

thanks again

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:18 pm 

jlytwak wrote:
General Mike,
Thanks for the info!!! I have a lot of high fatigue Yankees that need to recover...Update is a bit of a mystery as it is in the correct folder and when I unzipped it reported overwriting files..I guess Ill know for sure if I run into compatibility issues with my current game

thanks again

John

My condolences, General John. My present experience in a multi-day Peninsula scenario indicates it takes two nights and a day of complete rest to get a max fatigue unit back to normal, even using the alternate option!