American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:18 pm 

This post refers to Gary Krenek's one on "Horseback tours at Gettysburg" ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21295 ) and was separated out so it didn't clutter up his post and could allow everyone to see more images. The majority of the photos were taken this March, but the ones of the riding party were on July 22nd of last year.

To show you the actual bridle trail from the Henry Spangler Farm itself, I have several sets of photos below. One is on the trail itself. The other two are taken in opposite areas nearby the farm. One of them is by Ashland/Woolfolk's (Virginia) Artillery Battery from Alexander's Battalion just past the Virginia Monument and the other is from Blount's (Virginia) Battery of Dearing's Battalion.

The trail head for the Henry Spangler Farm is right by the Florida Monument and there's car parking as well. The path is open for both foot & hoof. :)

On the trail back towards the parking area.

The Henry Spangler Farm itself.

On the bridle trail at the Spangler Farm looking towards the Klingel Farm.

At the Spangler Barn looking towards Little Round Top, Big Round Top and the Sherfy Farm.

From Blount's (Virginia) Battery you can a number of spots, some of which I marked.

In the other direction from Blount's (Virginia) Battery.

The last set is from near Ashland/Woolfolk's (Virginia) Battery and it shows an actual riding group going out. I knew I had photos of them somewhere. This is the full image.

The riding group itself. They are a past the Spangler Farm at this point and almost to the Emmitsburg Road.

Again a view where you can a number of spots, some of which I've marked.

This one is back at the Spangler Farm and shows you roughly where I was for the photos by Ashland/Woolfolk's (Virginia) Battery.

I'll try to share more battlefield images later and my next trick will be to learn how to use the long distance lens..... :lol: 8) :roll:

Profile Send private message