American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:20 am 

In accordance with:3.3.4.3 CAMPAIGNING Once the candidates for any election are determined, each shall be simultaneously provided with a campaign post thread in the proper forum. For all elections this shall be done by the current Club President in the Mason Dixon Tavern.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:46 am 

Why I Am Seeking Election

I am running for Cabinet Secretary as a way to “pay forward” all the enjoyable experiences I’ve had in the ACWGC – from mentoring friendships in UMA and officers in the AotP, to teamwork with fellow V Corps officers in multiplayer games, to friendly rivalries and bantering via PBEM with CSA opponents, and playtesting/participating in club-wide tournaments. As an up and coming new leader in our club (former Division Commander of 2/2/V Corps/AotP, current Superintendent of the Union Military Academy), I hope to bring fresh ideas of where this Club should be heading to make it stronger and even more attractive and fun in the future. My top priorities in that role will be to address recruiting and retention of new members for our Club, modernization of our website and improved communications and mentoring from the "top down.”

About Me

I grew up in Pennsylvania and cut my wargaming teeth in the 1970’s playing the classic Avalon Hill board games with a very patient older brother. Blessed with a understanding wife, I’ve been able to enjoy countless hours playing other classic wargames over the years, as well as the old TS Battleground series and now JTS ACW Campaigns.

Although I’ve only recently begun serving in ACWGC leadership positions, I’ve had extensive experience in various command and staff positions over a 22-year career as a U.S. Army officer, from J3 Air and Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff for a Joint and Combined NATO Headquarters, to Battalion Operations Officer and Executive Officer for the 3-101st Attack Helicopter Battalion. In addition to graduating from West Point and earning two master’s degrees, also graduated from the Command & General Staff College and the Joint and Combined Staff Officer School.

I have especially enjoyed how our club affords opportunities to engage PBEM opponents, while fostering an atmosphere of friendly rivalry and bantering roleplay. I appreciate how our club attracts members who are steeped in Civil War history and are willing to discuss details of an historical battle as you play it out with them. We are uniquely positioned among all other online clubs for all things associated with ACW, and I hope to leverage and increase those strengths of our club even more in the future.

Initial Goals

Recruitment:
1) Create official positions for Club Recruiter(s) with OBD incentive points and promotion potential comparable to AC or CC.
2) Create (and/or link from) a new ACWGC group on Facebook. Add an interactive component and “how to” introductory YouTube videos to our website.
3) Facilitate increased cabinet support for those interested in a broader recruitment effort to draw both new ACW players and veterans into our club by increasing our web presence and connectivity to ACW events, websites, and clubs.

Retention:
1) Work with the Cabinet to incentivize and encourage more club-wide tournaments.
2) Work with the CoA's to foster a more active touch on members under each command and provide more mentoring – especially for newer company grade officers.
3) Collaborate with the Cabinet and the CoA's to increase active Club participation and members’ sense of belonging through forum participation, tournaments, and team-centered mustering.

I am pleased that the renowned General Ken Miller has also offered his excellent services as UA Cabinet Secretary. However, if you resonate with the specific goals listed above and would prefer a fresh voice to represent you in the Cabinet, please vote for me by sending an email to each of the members of the Election Committee during the voting period, June 1-7:

Gen Scott Ludwig: eric2900@aol.com
Gen John Dragan: draganfly@brighthouse.com
Gen Cameron McOmish: Cameron.mcomish@gmail.com

UMA Superintendent 2020-2021
Union Cabinet Secretary 2020-2022

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]