American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:53 pm 

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, GOD was missing for six days.
Eventually, Gabriel the angel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired , “Where have you been?”
The Creator sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, “Look, Gabriel, look what I’ve made.”
Gabriel looked puzzled and said, “What is it?”
“It’s a planet, and I’ve put LIFE on it. I’m going to call it Earth and it’s going to be a great place of balance.”
“Balance?” inquired Gabriel, still confused.
GOD explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, “For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot and the Antarctica in the South will be very cold. GOD continued, pointing to different countries.
“This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice.”
Gabriel, impressed by the LORD's work, then pointed to a large area and asked, “What’s that one?”
“Ah,” that’s the SOUTH, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The people from there are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they’re going to be found traveling the world. They’ll be extremely sociable, hardworking and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. A truly great people.”
Gabriel gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, “What about balance? You said there will be BALANCE.”
GOD replied wisely…”Wait until you see the loudmouth obnoxious people I’m putting north of them.

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 am 

Totally makes sense now. So to balance out the South, the old mighty created the most obnoxious and loud thing he could make and placed in the White House just to the North of you. That explains a lot! I see how we get the "balance" now. ;)

Army of the Tennessee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:18 am 

D. Hampel wrote:
Totally makes sense now. So to balance out the South, the old mighty created the most obnoxious and loud thing he could make and placed in the White House just to the North of you. That explains a lot! I see how we get the "balance" now. ;)

Yes, a Yankee through and through!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:07 pm 

I will will have to believe you General Miller, the only place I have been above the MDL is Gettysburg and the only reason I go there, apart from the fine ladies boots, is to find the Yankee army. For some strange reason I find them there a lot. In case people are wondering the boots are for my wife - honest.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America