American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
Gentlemen, Sirs! <salute>

About a week ago Brigadier General Carley Coma, CSA, posted at The Cartography Office and Scenario Center his recreation of this battle that uses the JTS Campaign Overland platform. Since I had the board game of it from Strategy & Tactics Magazine issue #166 Jan/Feb 1994 I was very interested to see how this would play out and how he had done adapting everything to fit the JTS format.

Everything downloaded according to the instructions provided and it opened up just fine. I then shortly received an invitation from Carley to give it a go. We are currently on turn 6 of 15 and it is proving to be an entertaining and challenging battle. I urge all of you with JTS Campaign Overland to give it a try. I know I am glad to add it to my collection.

Seems Carley has hit on a method of being able to create maps and units that will work with the JTS Campaign system (obviously)! I think most of us know that JTS has been promising to unlock that ability once the final (#15) Campaign title is released (hopefully this year! :mrgreen:) and a lot of us are hoping to give it a try, I know I am!

It has already been added to the list of scenarios for JTS Campaign Overland at the DoR.

Respectfully,

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Chief of Staff,
Army of Northern Virginia

Profile Send private message