American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:34 am 

Gentlemen (and Ladies),

The new registration site is working well. I have registered game starts, ends, multiplayer games, training games and maneuvers. Please bear with me while I work out some of the bugs. Also, please understand the site is not completely automated yet and I am having to do a lot by hand right now so you will not get an immediate response. I will get them out as quickly as possible.
<font color="red">After some discussion, it was decided if you have already been awarded points for a game, do NOT resubmit the game. We can merge the data later. Thanks for your help in this matter.</font id="red">

<font size="3"><b>Instructions:</b></font id="size3">

<font size="2"><b>Start Game Reports</b></font id="size2"> -

To file a "Start Game" fill out the first section completely. Notice the date format. For the unit please use the following format of arabic, arabic, roman numerals: 2/3/XIV Leave off the words "Brigade", "Division", "Corps" as they really mess up the form format.

There has been some confusion about the "Game" blank and the use of "Other". I put that there in the eventuality we may have other games made by someone else besides Talon Soft or HPS. It has nothing to do with custom scenarios. All of the custom scenarios are played on one of the Talon Soft or HPS games. That is what I need to know. Then under the scenario you can describe the scenario and if it is a custom scenario mention it there.

<font size="2"><b>End Game Reports</b></font id="size2">

To file an end game report, how you do it depends on several factors during this time period of getting the site going again.

First, if you registered a start game on this site, you received an email. In that email there is a game ID and a Game Key. When you end a game like this you do not fill out the first section (Start Game), but only the second section. (End Game) Be sure and indicate the Game ID (when form is updated) and Game Key.

Second, if you did not register the start game previously on this new site, then you must fill out both sections of the form. (Start and end) Mention in the "Comments" section that this game was never registered here before. If it was registered on one of the previous sites you might mention that too so we don't get duplication of reports and points. You won't have a game id or game key to fill in. That is ok. Leave them blank.

<font size="2"><b>Multiplayer Section</b></font id="size2">

For any game that is a multiplayer game, be sure and indicate the additonal players here whenever you fill out the "Start Game" section. If there are more players than the report can hold, simply fill out another Start Game and in the comments just say that the form is a continuation of the mutiplayers. (If you have any problem with this you can email me directly.)

<b><font color="yellow">IF IN DOUBT ABOUT WHAT TO DO, FILL OUT BOTH SECTIONS!</font id="yellow"></b>
I would rather have too much information than not enough.

Thanks for your patience.

If you have any problems with the site let me know.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:02 am 

General Adams,

Great job, sir.

I am just a bit confused yet: What do I do about a game that I registered under the OLD system but am just now finishing? Do I send you the original Game Id & Key, or are those now obsolete?

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:06 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />I am just a bit confused yet: What do I do about a game that I registered under the OLD system but am just now finishing? Do I send you the original Game Id & Key, or are those now obsolete?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gen. Mallory I think this is what we are all looking for:

<b>The foremost question is "What do I do to end a game that I have not registered before?" If you are ending a game and I have not issued you a game id and game key, simply fill out the start and end portions completely, being careful that the dropdown menus are set where you intended them. That way I can assign it a Game Id and there will be no need for a key as you will have just registered and ended the game at the same time. The purpose of the key is to keep someone else from ending your game accidentally or on purpose.</b>

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Colonel Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:05 pm 

D.W.,

What might be good in your case, and anyone else that is finishing a game registered under Rob Love's old system before August, is to also put the old game ID in the comments section and if we ever are able to rebuild the missing time frame it will help patch a hole.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm