American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:22 am 

Gentlemen,

Today, I added over 7000 records of awards from Rob Love's site. This is everyone of them that he ever entered into his site. (With a very few exceptions that had no effect on the club)

What this means is that now, all awards will show up on your OBD. Your "start adjustment" points were changed to reflect the addition of these new records so your point total is still the same. If you are one of the people that has started over in rank, your old awards from your "previous life" will be there and you will have a negative point adjustment to offset them.

The descriptions are exactly what was in the old records and is rather vague at times. Looking at the date and the description will give you some idea as to what it was. Of course, any errors that were in the old database have now been brought forward to our new database, but the adjustment figure will still compensate for these errors. The totals as shown on the OBDs are the accepted official point totals. There may be a few errors that we will correct as we go. If your recorded points is off according to your personal records, I would like to know.

There is still one minor descrepancy out that I am working on presently. It involves games registered in Jan. Feb. and Mar. of this year. When I first set up the game registration site in January, it didn't matter who was registered as player one or player two. However, with the new database, it requires that the first player always be the member playing the CSA in the game. There were about 100 games registered back then that the USA side was in the first player position. I went and changed those so that the CSA player was first. What I didn't do was reverse the scores also. That means it may show the CSA was the victor but the higher points are listed for player two still since that is where he was. Again, the adjustment figures take this into account but the records do show the wrong points in the game and I will fix that as soon as I can.

I keep plugging away and things get a little bit better each day. There have been many changes since the site was brought on line a litle over a week ago. The site is still growing so please bear with me as I take the database down occaisionally to update it as I did today. It usually takes 30 minutes or less so if you receive a "data base error" try again in a little later.

Thanks again for the many great comments that have come my way. Please do not hesitate to send your comments and/or suggestions for the site.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:32 am 

All I can say is WOW.

And that sounds inadequate.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:23 pm 

Ernie,

How about <font size="6">"WOW !!!"</font id="size6">

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:22 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />Ernie,

How about <font size="6">"WOW !!!"</font id="size6">

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Much better.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">