American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:06 am 

The Cabinet has received a request for reinstatement from Larry Quick. After discussing the request the Cabinet has decided to reinstate Larry in the ACWGC.

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army
Cabinet Member

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:19 am 
ACWGC Cabinet Members,
My sincere thanks and congratulations to each and every one of you individually for your action on this unpleasant matter......it is a decision that should serve ya'll well!!!! That's all, I just wanted to say something positive! Regards, Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:55 am 
Truth be known Larry has shown unusual tenacity in two regards:

i) putting the boot in and stirring things up;
ii) passion for and commitment to the Club.

Regardless of the outcome I want to thank the Cabinet for being open to seeking a workable resolution. It would have been easy to cite the Club rules and refuse to even consider this. The willingness to examine the situation again shows a Cabinet that is willing to take the harder path.

Thank you Sirs <salute>

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:52 am 

Gentlemen Members of the Cabinet:
With charity towards all and malice towards none you have bound up the club's wounds. Congratulations on a fair and just decision.
Jim Gleason, LG, I-2-4 AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:16 am 

Gentelmen of the cabinet. Thank you for taking up this matter again and welcoming Larry back into the club. I appreciate your hard work on this and many other matters related to the club.

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:01 am 

Cheers to the cabinet...ball appears to be in Larry's court. I hope all of this hoopla will not eventually result in a return to where it has been--and the issues can be placed on the backburner.
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Esteemed Gentlemen of the Cabinet, I want to thank you for all your sterling work and coming to this most Christian of solutions.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, I suppose reinstatement is beyond the capacity of Jews or Muslims.

Lt. Col. Brad Slepetz
III Corps
AoG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:37 am 
Chris

My comment was not in reference to the decision made, but rather the willingness to make a considered decision at all.

By "harder path" I meant being willing to consider the matter regardless fo the final decision. The "easier path" I refer to is to have just said "the Club's Rules are the Rules" and to have not examined the matter.

As you say, regardless of what the Cabinet did some people were not going to be happy, but to me that begs a bigger question.

The Cabinet does it's best to serve the Club, at some cost to themselves in terms of time, and sometimes even abuse from members.

While this is no reason to support every decision, nor reason necessarily to support any given individual in continuing with the Cabinet, it most certainly <u>is</u> reason to honour and respect the effort and work they put in, and to refrain from abusing them or questioning their motives or character.

Can we find a way to operate as a Club that encourages more of that respect than we have seen? while at the same time encouraging and supporting respectful dissent when it is appropriate?

We cannot operate without a decision making body of some sort, call it whatever you like, and bless the guys who have been willing to fulfill this role for the Club.

But equally we cannot operate without a reasonable level of trust in that body, nor can we expect anyone to subject themselves to the job if it involves nothing but work, dissent and abuse.

So how do we collectively create a process whereby the ones who take on this role enjoy our trust and gratitude? and at the same time when they do err (and of course being human they will from time to time) the membership is able to intervene appropriately and above all, respectfully?

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 pm 

It's my sincere hope that <u>Everyone</u> can find a way to temper their comments over the <u>long term</u> and enjoy the hobby we all share in common. The reason we are all here is to have fun, right? I hope to see the club as a whole, and everyone in it, move into a new stage of cooperation and humilty. Real life offers enough opportunitys for arguments and such, let's keep this a fun place to stay.

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA
Signal Corps - Editor in Chief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:05 pm 

Bravo Cabinet, welcome back Larry. Now let's just keep the combat to Blue against the Gray. [:I]

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
VIth Corp/AoS
"Where We Lead the Army Follows"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 pm 
Rich,
I for one intend to do as you suggest (believe it or not....lol)....I suspect our cabinet just made a LOT of "points" with the membership......I know they did with me.....restored my faith ......now the ball is in "Gentleman Larry's" court to prove they made the right decision.....I have every expectation they did, and that he shall.....Regards to all, Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:06 pm 
I too applaud the decision! Welcome back Larry!

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.blogspot.com//"]Convoluted Muse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:05 am 
applaud the decision, yes indeed
i used to have a dog named Larry once and he,,,,, well that's a different story[:0]

Welcome Larry, i'm glad you are back[:D]
have fun and stay cool[8D]

Maj.Gen. Les Knight
**Corcoran's Legion** 2nd/VIII
Army of the Shenandoah USA