American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:03 pm 

Bill,
If you are referring to dmallory I saw that he replied to the New Orleans post in the Smoking Room yesterday (9/1) so I assume all is well. I also see that L.G. Bertolino, who resides in New Orleans, safely evacuated to Houston prior to the disaster.

Colonel Dale Lastowicka
1st "Adirondack" Division
XXV Corps
Army of the James

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:02 pm 
Bill,

I have received an email from David Mallory and he is fine. He mentioned his wife(a red cross volunteer)is headed to Mississippi to help and he has helped establish a red cross shelter in Missouri so he might be quite busy right now.

Chris

Lt. Gen. Chris Cross
Western Theater Commander
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:17 pm 
I got a game turn from him on the 30th

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:43 pm 

Bill & All:

I'm here! With the wife gone, I've had more housework to do than normal (I really do need to take her out to eat when she gets back [:)]). I spent some time today catching up on games, but I hadn't checked the Tavern in a day or two, though.

Yes, I'm doing fine here in central Missouri. I knew Bertolino was from New Orleans, and he has reported in (from Houston, I think). Col. Carroll tracked down Caleb Vicks, who lives in southern Mississippi. Vicks and his family are safe but without power, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from him for a while. Col. Carroll actually tracked me down and telephoned me -- that was a pleasant surprise. (And don't let him fool you, he doesn't talk at all like he writes -- he sounds MUCH MORE Irish in person!)

Thanks for thinking of me. Let's all do try and track down our gaming buddies and see where they are. I started to issue a call for a special CSA muster, but I realized that it's time for the monthly reports to start coming in anyway. Besides that, the turn-around time from the CoA to the brigade commanders and back could easily be a couple of weeks.

Instead, I would ask that everyone make a concerted effort to contact those above and below you in the hierarchies, especially if you don't know their locations.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:04 am 

Hi There!

Hear, hear. I totally endorse D.W.'s points about making contact with each other and checkin'in on those Folks affected by Katrina.

Tracking Down D.W. was easy . . his Fame (or should that be Infamy?) is widespread! [:p]

Seriously, God Bless the internet! [:D]

I've posted with a bit more detail on Caleb Vicks and his situation at http://www.wargame.ch/board/acw/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8358

P'raps when Ye read this Y'all wouldn't mind dropping in there and leaving a short message for him. He has been deeply encouraged by the ACWGC contacts that have been made already thru other means.

Anyway I'll leave it at that - details at the post/thread above.

And D.W. - to be quite honest, I was suprised Ye could understand me a'talkin' on the phone. I have a Thick Dublin accent and talk waaaaaay tooooo fast for most "Foreigners" to catch on to what I'm saying. That's why I e-mail all the Time! [xx(] [:I]

But then - like always . . it's great to put a face or a voice to the names Ye read here all the Time. We need to develop that side of the M-D Tavern IMHO.

Is there anyway that Ye can add a photo to Yer name that appears beside Your Thread? Could it be done? Would it be used?

Just an idle thought in passing.

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:35 pm 

Col. Carroll,

I don't know about posting photos here at the Mason-Dixon Tavern, but a while back one of the club members set up a Photo Gallery of club members (by army!) that was pretty interesting. It might have been a couple of years ago and I don't have it listed in my 'favorites' here at home. I think I have it on my work machine, though, and the last time I checked the site was still there. I can take a look Tuesday and see if it's still there -- and if there's any information about who set it up. Maybe it just needs to be publicized again.

If that site is still available, I'll post its location here.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:40 pm 

Here's that club photo album: http://www.geocities.com/campaign1776/acw/border.htm .
The AoC has it's own set of mugshots[:D]: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/Members.htm
On a serious note though we in the AoC haven't heard from Dave Danner since he emailed on 28th to say the hurricane was heading towards him in Mississippi. Hopefully he is just 'busy' clearing up and nothing more serious has befallen him and his family.

General Antony Barlow
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:34 am 

Hi Guys!

Regarding Dave Danner : I've done a bit of Hunting and think that I have tracked down his Home Town in Mississippi. if I have the Right Guy . . . He lives within 2 miles of Route 51, which is the main Drag from New Orleans to Jackson - state capital of Mississippi. Seems to me he would have High-Tailed it onto 51 and headed north to Jackson. if he's still at home - it's a "Powered Out Zone" at the mo' and the Phones are prob'ly down too. They reckon it'll take a min of 2-3 weeks to have both back thru' out Mississippi - so it could be a long wait for word directly from Dave.

I'll fish some more later today and post any findings. [:D]

Best Regards,

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:40 am 

Glad to hear about Caleb Vicks. He usually says the hurricanes don't bother him much where he's at, but this one ran right down Mississippi's throat. I hope power's all he lost. We've been fightin' the Civil War since '01!

Major General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:58 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>

For some dumb reason I had you placed in Miss.

Glad to hear you live in Misery, er, Missouri instead! [:D]

Grand dad was from St. Jo. Its pronounced Mizera. [:p]

I hope that the rest of the guys in the club are ok.

Col. Peters, 3rd Brigade
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Col. Peters,

An understandable mistake, as I'm often confused about this myself! [:D]

My Dad was in the USAF while I was growing up. He was stationed at Keesler AFB, in Biloxi, three different times -- including 1969, when the eye of Hurricane Camille passed right over the town (and our house). I ended up graduating high school from Biloxi High School the third time we were there. So I have a lot of memories from the area.

Besides that, my first years with the club (until my current assignment, that is) were with the Army of the Mississippi!

I migrated north to attend college in Missouri and have ended up staying here my entire adult life (so far), even after three job changes. I had always thought I'd like to move back to the Gulf Coast someday, maybe after I retire. I'll have to think <i>really </i>hard about it now. (And I might have an even harder time convincing my wife, a Nebraska girl, to join me [:D]!)

Thanks again for the well wishes, though. My former classmates have been on my mind a lot lately.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:16 pm 

"I ended up graduating high school from Biloxi High School the third time..."

There ya have it!

Be persistent in life, and you can achieve anything! [:p]

Or, is it with selective editing you can make a case for anything? [:p][:D]

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:24 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />"I ended up graduating high school from Biloxi High School the third time..."

There ya have it!

Be persistent in life, and you can achieve anything! [:p]

Or, is it with selective editing you can make a case for anything? [:p][:D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mr. Amos,

"Third times the charm," mah pappy used to say. [:)]

Of course, mah pappy also used to say, "I'm so bright my Daddy called me 'Hey, you!'". Never quite figured that one out. [:(]

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:31 pm 

hehehe....