American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:28 am 

I'm trying to load the Rolf Halls Unit graphics to Peninsula and coming up with only the infantry graphics changing. Artillery, wagons and cavalry are still LARGE....

I noticed that there is no Set "C" available at either Rolf's or Brett's sites and I did download Ken's file but like I said, only the infantry was changed. There are two files in Ken's download, 3D Units 100c and 50c. Where are the other files?

I accepted a challenge to take Malvern Hill away for those Yankees and I need to look good going in to this fight....

Thanks for any help.....

Fld.Lt.R.E.Daley
1st Corp of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:34 am 

I don't think there are any available yet at this point. I'm sure Rolf will finish set C at some point. Keep an eye out for it at his site.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RE Daley</i>
<br />I'm trying to load the Rolf Halls Unit graphics to Peninsula and coming up with only the infantry graphics changing. Artillery, wagons and cavalry are still LARGE....

I noticed that there is no Set "C" available at either Rolf's or Brett's sites and I did download Ken's file but like I said, only the infantry was changed. There are two files in Ken's download, 3D Units 100c and 50c. Where are the other files?

I accepted a challenge to take Malvern Hill away for those Yankees and I need to look good going in to this fight....

Thanks for any help.....

Fld.Lt.R.E.Daley
1st Corp of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

-Brett Schulte
HPS Playtester

ACW Campaign Games Design Center:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWCGDC/index.html

My Civil War Book Collection:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWBooks/

ACW Gaming & Reading Blog:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWBlog/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 am 

Don't know whether you checked the set I use but they are on an open section of the War College. These are from mixed locations with a few modifications I made. Also, they have been only tested with Campaign Gettysburg. I'll try to get to Pennisula in a few days but they should work fine there too.

http://wc.kwhitehead.com/CG_Parent/CG_G ... fault.aspx

BG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:07 am 

Thanks again to both of you for your many, many contributions.....I could'nt game without you.....

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corp of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:38 am 

I only changed the Infantry files after Dave Klebbe asked me to look into it. I didn't spend any time on the other files because it looked to me as if the Cavalry (B), and Artillery (A) files from Franklin had the same number of icons as those from Penninsula. The problem with the C file was there was more icons in the Penninsula file so the OOB from it pointed to wrong icons and some would end up blank. Since Dave never complained after I sent him the Infantry files I figured I was right.

Try copying Rolf's A and B files from his Franklin graphics and everything should be the same.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:16 pm 

Hi Ken,

I got confused when you said try both the "A" and "B" sets from Franklin. I didn't know if you meant together, or a combination of fles or what. Anyways, I copied "A" and it appears that everything is ok in Malvern...I'll try some other scenarios but what am I not understanding? I didn't try "B"

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corp of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:36 pm 

Sorry seems I didn't really look at Rolf's site and see how he had the files seperated. I was referring to the 3dunits100a and 3dunits100b files not Rolf's Set A and Set B.

Rolf's Franklin files (Set A) match the 3Dunits100a, 3Dunits100b and 3Dunits100d files of Penninsula 1 for 1, that is each file has the same number of icons in them in both games. His 3Dunits100c however does not have enough icons to match the Penninsula version of this file. What I did was duplicate some of Rolf's icons in 3Dunits100c and 3Dunits50c files from Set A to match the number of rows in the Penninsula game 3dunits100c file. So if you place Rolf's Set A in your Penninsula game, then copy the modified files 3dunits50c and 3dunits100c over his everything should be the same scale as in Franklin.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS