American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:35 am 

Sorry this one is just for me. I could not locate our new web page at work so I am posting here from home to open at work and bookmark it for my lunch breaks.

http://ca.geocities.com/pbemacwgc/

MG Joseph C. Mishurda

Joe Mishurda,
"Killer Angels"
XXV Corps, AoJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:46 pm 

General Mishurda,

I recommend this one: http://garyned.tripod.com/

It's the 'Link Express'. With it, you can find just about anything you ever wanted to know about the ACWGC.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:00 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />General Mishurda,

I recommend this one: http://garyned.tripod.com/

It's the 'Link Express'. With it, you can find just about anything you ever wanted to know about the ACWGC.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The AoJ link on the Link Express is wrong..

how do I get it updated ?

Major General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:33 pm 

Well, let's see????? Hmmmm! Posting the URL here seems to have done the trick and another way that might work is to contact the webmaster posted on the Link Express page. If you concentrate hard enough then I might be able to read your mind (but don't count on it cause I flunked that course just like I flunked the "Aging the Moonshine" course which you would immediately notice if you ever taste any of my 'medicine'). One way that won't work is probably telling my wife 'cause she claims that I have selective hearing and none of it includes what she says.

Joking aside, a few years ago I practically tested every club URL every day and thus I usually found all changes immediately after they occurred and e-mailed the responsible party if necessary to find the new URL. I'm not as energetic about it nowadays and pretty much depend upon e-mail notification of changes, or announcements in the MDT and army forums, or changes listed on the USA and CSA HQ sites. Even at that, when I'm in town, I generally read my e-mail every day and it's a rare day that I don't read the MDT but I might easily go a month anymore in between visits to the army forums and USA/CSA HQs. You fellas could get me to reading them again if/when this club returns to it's good ol' days of roleplaying and cutting up in the army forums. It was interesting back then to see what nonsense was being dispensed from forum to forum and some of it was hilarious. Nowadays the only posts are either an advertisement for feminine diapers or someone pointing out that no one makes posts there anymore.

While we're at it, can anyone verify that the AoO URLs in the Link Express are correct? Any other changes needed?

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:43 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">While we're at it, can anyone verify that the AoO URLs in the Link Express are correct? Any other changes needed?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

AOO links are correct, just very out-dated information.[:(][:(][:(][B)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:50 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
AOO links are correct, just very out-dated information
[b][gold]Ernie Sands
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Sands,

But they're current enough to lead me to an old friend! When the address was posted here at the Tavern a few weeks ago I strolled over there to see what was up. I saw a name that looked familiar to me: Commanding the 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, XXIII was one Colonel Bill Cassely. About 20 years ago, I had a supervisor by that name, and he talked about computer war games. They sounded intriguing at the time, and I decided if I ever got a home computer I would want to check that out.

Well, a quick e-mail verified that this was my old boss! Small world, eh?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:56 am 

It sure is.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">