American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TDY
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">The Commandant looked up from his desk and cocked an ear. <i>Seems pretty quiet for this time of the day</i> he was thinking! Then he heard the sound of footsteps pounding on the floor and could tell that it was heading this way. With a knock on the door, the orderly opened the door and rushed up to the Commandant, <i>'Suh, dispatch from Richmond!' That was fast!</i>he thought. Tearing open the dispatch the Commandant began to read...

<i>'Sergeant, please go find Deputy Commandant Colonel Dan Smith and tell him I would like a word with him please!'</i> <u>You will report to General Lee no later than February 24th, 1862 at his office in the War Department!</u> The Commandant begins to realize that he will have to be away from VMI for sometime. Several thoughts cross his mind, <i>'will Colonel Smith be okay, of course, I selected him and got him his training! But oh my, I haven't been in the saddle for sometime, I am going to be sore from this ride!'</i>

This is notification to all that I will be gone TDY from the 24th until March 6th! Colonel Dan Smith will be handling VMI during my absence. Actually, I have a trip to DC (business) and then am extending my stay to do some sightseeing. I will end up at Gettysburg and will be taking in the sights with Russ Daley, Larry Quick and his son John. It will be a blast!

Respectfully,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:28 am 

Ya lucky dog Suh, get to visit Gettysburg. My wife and daughters were up there about a month ago, couldn't go myself workload kept me from going. But we're planning a return trip in either late spring before school gets out, not to many tourist[:)]. Enjoy your trip Suh.

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:09 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Riding up to the offical quarters for the Commandant of VMI, the dusty and some what thinner General dismounts from his lathered up horse. The sergeant peers around from the door of the stables and wonders <i>just who is this filthy stranger</i>?

<i>'Sergeant, would you please see to my horse?' 'Yes Suh!</i> replies the sergeant, thinking that the Old man is back, looking some what saddle sore! <i>Well, he needed to get off is soft behind and out to the field once in a while! 'Should I send for Colonel Smith, General?' 'No, I need to get some rest, it can wait til tomorrow!'</i>

Just to let ya all know that I am back in town and attempting to get caught up. I had a wonderful trip and will post more about it soon.

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]