American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Delays
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:53 am 

To my opponents --

I've come down with something called Labyrinthitis. No game turns until the room stops spinning.

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 am 

Sean,

I've heard that that can be very distressing. I hope it goes away very soon. Take it easy mate and let me know if I can help out in any way - I'm only a few minutes away if you need anything.

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]Army of the Cumberland[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:40 am 

Sorry to hear that Sean. You need to stay away from those labyrinths, they'll get you everytime. [;)] Got a touch of the flu myself (not the bird kind). See you in the Ozarks when you're better!

Lt. General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sean Turner</i>
<br />To my opponents --

I've come down with something called Labyrinthitis. No game turns until the room stops spinning.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I know it very well. Several years ago, I went to work, as usual. I was sitting at my desk talking to a couple of co-workers, when I suddenly couldn't concentrate and had feelings of falling, nausea, loss of equilibrium, etc. I had no control. A couple of the guys took one look at me and knew something was wrong. They took me to my car and both took me home another followed them. It was a loooooonngg ride. We got to my house and they had to force me out of my car and up inside my house. My wife told them to take me upstairs, but I said NO WAY and flopped onto the couch. I didn't move off the couch for almost 5 days!!!!!! We called the doctor and described what happened and he said DRAMAMINE!! I started to take them, that afternoon and got progressively better over the next few days.

I was out of work and out of everything for almost 3 entire weeks. After the first 5 or 6 days, I had less and less loss of equilibrium, but it took a long time.

I couldn't drive, walk or even watch TV! The computer was out, also. Eating was just soup for days and days.

That was several years ago and for a few years after that, I kept a fresh supply of DRAMAMINE on hand. The pills did not cure it, just helped make it more bearable.

What was strange, that was all the doctor prescribed, an over-the-counter aid. There is no real cure, just rest.

Good luck with it, Sean.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm 
Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about your spins. Couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my chair and started to get dizzy. Didn't think too much about it, thought it would pass in just a second or two. It got worse. To the point that I had to crawl to my bed, didn't move all day. Every time I would open my eyes the room would spin like I was a college freshman with too much to drink. My wife took me to the emergency room that evening and they said I had vertigo. The meds they gave me did nothing. Come to find out I had a stroke in my left temporal lobe.
It took more than two weeks for the spinning to subside to the point that I didn't walk like a drunk and I still have a problem with my short term memory.
The moral is that you might want to be kind of careful and have this checked out a little further.

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Lt. Brewster
4th Ohio Rifles
2nd Division
V Corps
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:10 pm 

<b>I've come down with something called Labyrinthitis</b>

Which is I believe the medical term for being trapped in a maze with Jennifer Connolley, David Bowie and a host of muppets...

[:)][:p][:D][:X][8][;)][^][:I][:o)][8)][8D]

Sorry, Sean. Couldn't resist. Take your time getting the file back. I can lose some more next week.

Brig. Gen. Philip Roubaud
1/XX
AOC
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:30 pm 

Sean -- sorry to hear about this -- never heard of it before and it sounds most troublesome. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Lt Gen Bob Breen
Commanding XIX Corps, AoS
"Defenders of the Right"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:57 am 

Sorry to hear that, Sean! I hope you'll get better soon!

Don't worry about our game.

<center>Yours Respectfully
Colonel Kling
2nd Brigade
2nd Division, VI Corps
AOS, Union Army
<br /><br />Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:10 am 

Sean
Thanks for the post as I spent 4 hours in the emergency room last Tuesday with the same symptons. For those who have experienced "dizziness" before let me tell ya - this takes it to a whole new realm!![:(] I feel your pain Sean[xx(] Keep us posted on your recovery,

Lt Colonel Tony Best
Army of Georgia