American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:40 pm 
Three-Score and Nineteen years ago, my forefather served the King. Proud he was, both of his Carolina birth, his fine plantation and his unswerving loyal service to his King. He formed the British Legion, built it from scratch, and fought the King’s Battles against these Yankee New Englanders with their puritan ways and socially invasive tyranny worse than any duty required by any King.

However, my forefather had his heart broken; he fought to the last, with all the Provincials, only to see fat and happy German and British generals have a fine feast while Whigs burned the Plantation and harassed the family. Some, it seems, hold loyalty dearer than others.

Now, I come to serve those who seek to protect the rights of individuals, and overturn this tyranny my forefather foresaw so long ago; and what do I see? The descendants of these same British and German Generals, who safely sailed away so long ago, wearing BLUE, and fighting with our once common enemy![:(!]

So I call out across the lines:
“General Sands, what of the Centre Column, did she not give blood and tears against these blue bellies. Does that mean nothingâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:55 pm 

Dear Field Lieutenant Mullen,

I welcome you with open arms and you are a man of my own liking. Nice intro.....

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:08 pm 

A rash man, an unthinking man might wonder why none of the aforementioned officers have responded to this ungentlemanly missive of this unseemly junior officer. It is obvious to anyone of breeding that it is best to ignore the slanderous remarks of an arrogant pup. It is little import to engage in a contest of logic with your intellectual and moral inferiors.[;)]
While loyalty is generally considered a trait of a noble spirit, one must wonder about the curse and affliction of mispent loyalty. Is unswerving loyal to the 'fallen one' to be considered a noble virtue-anymore than to a misbegotten king?[V]
Upon reflection, I find it difficult to comprehend how you can boast of serving those who seek to protect the rights of individuals and overturn this tryanny on the on hand but on the other enslave an entire race and claim it is for their own good. Is a husband separated from his wife or a mother from her children sold at auction protecting the rights of individuals or overturning tyranny as you so boldly claim? I think not-not by any twist of logic or reasoning. [:p]
So in lieu of challenging your betters to an unequal contest, please accept this missive as a request to meet with you on the Penninsula.

Your servant in this world and your guide to the next [:D]

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll
1st Brigade/1st Division/VCorps/AoP

P.S. You have to know I'm in the middle of reading the Starbuck Chronicles[:o)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:34 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">General Driscoll Suh! <salute>

Phil, a great series, too bad there weren't more of the books written! Could have easily been another 4 or 5 more!

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:19 am 

FYI - I know Dierk is away from the computer for several more days...

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA