American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:06 am 

Gentlemen of the Union,

As we all know, Larry Quick deserted our ranks and joined the cause for the Southern Rebels. While we can all share a good laugh at his folly, that's not what I wanted to discuss.[:D]

For some time now, Larry has been hosting the ACWGC.org site on his own time and his own dime. It's not an official Club site, etc. but it is a resouce several folks in our Club take advantage of, like the Cartography Office, Fight the War, and several Forums.

The Union War College is also maintained on his site, and that is what I want to state my opinion on, and give you all a chance to do the same. Our War College is the pride of the army, and it contains information that we would never want to fall in the hands of the enemy. This now happens to include Larry.

While we do have password protections on our forum and at the War College to keep our secrets just that, we also must rely heavily on the integrity of our fellow Club members. The passwords are there principally to keep honest people honest. There are ways to get around that if someone is willing to try hard enough, we all know that.

We also know that folks do switch sides - we just made Ned Simms a Major General, for example, and he was a Reb through and through once upon a time. If you had to fight against LT Ned Simms, USA and didn't know better, you probably had your hands full, because he knew those Reb battles and tricks pretty well. My point is, Larry is no Ned Simms[:D]...er...My point is just because Larry switched sides, doesn't mean he is going to forget everything he has seen and read at the War College.

Larry is the site administrator for where the Union War College is hosted. He could access the Union Crown Jewels (please, no jokes about my wife keeping those in a sack in her unmentionables drawer...[:I]) if he wanted to. I know he won't, and based on the paragraph above, it wouldn't matter much if he did, he's seen and read it all anyway. His generous hosting and help with web page administration has helped both sides on many levels. We'll soon have a system that allows General Kaulbars and his staff to take over the web page administration, and Larry will just happen to host the site, pop-up free, and with lots of space for those detailed battle maps we are all fond of.

In short, I don't see a problem with the arrangement, and furthermore, I want to thank Larry for his continued help and support of his site.

If you feel otherwise, here's your chance to let me know by email at jdlaub@msn.com. No one says I'm right all the time, I just get to decide when I am![:p][^] (Kidding, folks, just kidding.)[;)] Let's just make sure we keep the discussion focused on the issue, and not on any individuals.

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:22 pm 

General Laub Sir:

You must not worry, we, "The Southern Knights", are not interested in the secrets of the boys of blue.
In " The Union War College " there is no Bourbon de Tennessee and Southern tobacco and an endless summary of defeats and sobs of Yankees is too much bored to read.[:(]
Larry is not a deserter, he has seen the light of the truth and the freedom and wants to fight for one cause just an holy.[:)]
... And General Laub, think the elegant thing that you might be with the gray uniform?.[:D]

I am, sir, very respectfully, your obedient servant,
A. de Meré,
Lt. General, C. S. Army
1st Corps A.N.V.

A. de Meré

Profile Send private message