American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:09 pm 

Mrs Schwartz had two beautiful daughters, Melissa and Marty. Mrs Schwartz also won the ribbon at the county fair every year for her delicious pies. Regretfully, the daughters were as different as daylight and dark as Melissa sympathized with the Confederacy while Marty was a staunch supporter of the Union. On the morning of 1 July 1863, Melissa heard about Confederate cavalry being in their neck of the woods in Pennysylvania and invited them to her mother's house for pie. The hungry Rebels were starving for pie after their long journey and gladly accepted her invitation. Marty was unaware of her sister's invitation and invited the whole Union Cavalry Corps over to her mother's house for a picnic and pie. They had heard of the Schwartz pies and eagerly accepted the invitation. On the morning of 1 July 1863 while the infantry for both armies were squabbling over some shoes at a little town called Gettysburg, the cavalry from both armies had a much more important appointment at Mrs Schwartz's house to see who got the pies. These are not scenarios for the weak of heart and the pies will be expensive. Scenario A has guaranteed reinforcements. Scenario B has variable reinforcements and I don't care how good you are, you can get your butt beaten in this one. With 18 turns in each scenario, at least 17 of them should be action packed unless you ain't got the guts.

These scenarios have been given to Brett at the ACW Campaign Games Design Center and have been made available for download at the Strategy Zone Online. They were designed and playtested before the 1.01 patch came out so I don't know if they will work with the patch loaded.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever played the first set of scenarios (4 Wheatfield to Roundtop scenarios that parallel the BG versions) that I released in March? I don't see where anyone ever registered them as New Games but I know that one player at least gave them a good look over at the Strategy Zone Online. Respond fast because Tuesday night I have to disconnect my computer and won't have service again until September (in the process of moving to the boonies for the summer).

Maj Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message