American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:01 am 

Gettysburg HPI version 1.01. I've just received a turn that asked for my password as usual, then asked if I wanted to watch the confederate replay, as usual. At the end of the replay it seemed to close out correctly, but would not advance to the Union phase dialog box. The status bar says the game is still under remote control even though it appeared to have ended normally.
I've asked my opponent to replay his turn but expect some guff as he thinks he's perfect.Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so how can we avoid it again?[?]

Rock
MG BJ Horrocks
3rd Div. IX Corps AoO USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 am 

I don't think that's an option. I don't think he knows his yyy's from his xxx's and he thinks z's are s'es. But I'll pass it on

Rock
MG BJ Horrocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bjhorrocks</i>
<br />I don't think that's an option. I don't think he knows his yyy's from his xxx's and he thinks z's are s'es. But I'll pass it on

Rock
MG BJ Horrocks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ROFL. I also hope he doesn't read the BOARDS!!![:D]

But, clearing out the files, as mentioned, will probably do the trick. If your opponent is not computer literate, at all, there is a BATCH file that (GASP) Bill Peters made that will delete these files for him.[;)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:31 pm 

MG Rock esq.

<b>"<font color="yellow"> . . . . and he thinks z's are s'es. </font id="yellow">"</b>

I take it Suh, from the above remark, that Your Opponent is European and has been educated to the degree, that He writes (and spells) English correctly?? [:p]

In other words - He is a refined , well educated, Southern Gentleman, bereft of the despicable Yankee affliction of slothful and sloppy (mis)-use of the Queen's English - substituing z's for s'es - purely because Yankees are too lazy and backward, to learn the subject <i>properly</i> ? [:o)]

P.S. for info - - - it's "Zed" - NOT - "Zee" !!!! [}:)]

Pat.
(<i>President of the Institute for the Preservation and Protection of Zed</i>) [;)]

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Major General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:31 pm 

I thought that MOST YANKS were PERFECT.. not us poor old southern boys. The only thing that is PERFECT with us is OUR Wives (they really think they are) OUR children and WHEN WE BEAT UP ON THE BLUE BELLIES....now that is REALLY PERFECT !!!!!

Give them HOT LEAD, Gen Moose

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Colonel
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:53 am 

Hey General Rock,

If you go to the Scenario Design Center. There's a program file that you down load on to your computer and its called PBEM Clean Up. and it will remove all of the XXX. YYY. files. Run it before you load your next turn and it removes all of the previous files. Also it was designed by Mr. Bill Peters. Whats worse then water in your whiskey? YANKEES IN THE SOUTH [:p] Hey MR. Peters, 97 ain't nothing, it was 95 today with 80% humidity

Respectfully,

Col. Gery Bastiani
33rd NC Inf. Regt.
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:38 am 

Hey Mr. Bill,

Hate to say it, but I grew up in northern California. Susanville, Ca. which is about 90 miles northwest of Reno, my folks and still have family that live over near Mt. Shasta. But now my folks and brothers live down in the Bay Area, Petaluma and Novato. One brother lives up near Sacratomato [:D]. But I know what you mean about the humidity. At one time I was stationed in Gulfport, MS. talk about the humidity fuuuuw[:0]. Don't kwow what the weather is like up in NY. or PA y'all need to ask a YANKEE maybe NOTSO may know [:p]

Respectfully,

Col. Gery Bastiani
26th NC Inf. Regt.
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 pm 

Hey Capt. Quick,

Was just poking some fun at you since you live north of me [:)]. But as for General Moose the only place that I know of is Mooses live way north of the Mason/Dixie line. But that don't mean he isn't a southern supporter [:D]. My wife is from Rhode Island and wouldn't want to live back there either.

Respectfully,

Col. Gery Bastiani
26th NC Inf. Regt.
II/2/4 AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:52 am 

never mind the remote control thing. We're way beyond that now. My opponent is at a minus 14,000 and something point deficit and has shot my courier with surrender terms. So its to the death for him. He's losing troops faster than the Russians in 1941. He has such a foul mouth I won't even communicate with him anymore. I just watch his replays, laugh and slaughter more Rebs.

Rock
MG BJ Horrocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:43 am 

Getting back to the original topic here, I have had this happen a couple times now. Once I even had the game end screen come up with several turns left to play in a close game. The latest was turn 36 in a 305 turn Stalingrad Campaign game. Tried deleting the xxx yyy files with no affect but after my opponent redid his last turn they have cleared up so far. Not sure where the problem is but I've had it happen in both the ACW and PzC games. So I now keep at least several turns saved in my email just in case.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah