American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Order of the Palmetto
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:00 pm 

Gentlemen Suhs <salute>

To the Staff and Officers of the Grand Army of the U. S. A., I think that I should advise each one of you that with the approval of my Corp Commander, Gen. Cole. The 2nd Division II Corp has placed the Order of the Palmetto to be earned by ANY member of this DIVISION ONLY for capturing, killing or wounding of any Blue Belly Officer on the battlefield.

The rules are simple, each Brigade Commander has been given the rules and submission form to be use. The points give will be taken from the game broad - casualties list. They will be awarded for each separate game ending by the end of the month. If it runs over to the next month the total will be counted that the end.

If no points are show they are to report who and how the Yanks came to rest. As Division Commander I will award the points from other scoring list.

So Yanks of the North, be aware, very aware that the Men of the PEE DEE DIVISION will be hunting you down.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Colonel
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Instructor

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:45 pm 
Colonel Tisdale,

Being a poor uneducated Yankee farmer from Iowa, I wasn't sure jest what a Palmetto was, so I used this here new fangled telegraph machine to get some information on Palmentos from that thar Prefessor Google in New York City. He told me you all could be talking about one of two things:

1) The Palmetto Bug which is commonly known as the American cockroach.

or

2) Ground saw palmetto which is rumored to be a southern cure to treat Prostatic disease.

So, I'm a figuring your award looks like a dead bug ifn your talking about #1. Ifn its #2, I'm not really sure I want to know what you rebs will be wearing on your butternut jackets.

Your Humble Servant.

Lt. Gen Mark E. Wolken
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 pm 

Gen. Wolken, Suh <salute>

Either one of those fits this award, however you could say the Yanks are like cockroaches and ONLY a good one is dead.

This award is in honor of the Palmetto Tree that saved so many lifes of our men during the Rev. War as it also help us in the War Between the States.

You see that why we don't depend on those Yankee professors...when the olde Red Coats fired them there cannons at our Forts down on Sullivan's Island near Charleston our mighty Palmetto Trees just ate them there balls up and there was no or very little damage. That when our very own, Sgt. Jasper jump the wall waving our Flag.

Long live the South and horay for the Men from South Carolina....

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
Colonel
Pee Dee Division
/2/II - ANV - CSA
VMI Instructor

Profile Send private message