American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lookin" Fer Yanks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:13 am 

All right you PESKY Yanks, Lt. Gen. Caleb Vicks any myself are a lookin' to put a whoopin' on a pair of Yanks. We is mad and ready to deal out a tharahin' on Y'all. We would PREfur to whoop on some brand new Yanks (like Lts. -cause we like to whoop on y'alls young fellers). But if any of you seasoned Vets want a piece of this - well then I suppose Ole Caleb and I can whoop y'all too.

We have all of the battles exceptin' the new Vicksburg Campaign. So what do y'all SAY - any takers. Please send a rider to my Headquarters or respond here - I will be checkin' in every few days.

REspectfuylly Submitted to all you Yanks out there.

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham
I/AoA

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham I/AoA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:05 am 

I might be tempted ... what were you thinking of, battle, campaign?

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:13 pm 

If Gen. Walter is willing, I would stand as his second. I've never met a Reb I couldn't whip -- or smell coming.

General Walter: Don't go to pains on my account. I offered my services because I didn't see a second. I only have Gettysburg and Corinth.

BG Ken 'Muddy' Jones
1/1/XXIII Army of Ohio
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:14 pm 

General Jones: naturally it would be an honour to fight at your side again, remembering Znaim and all that.

However, already yesterday night I asked General Callmeyer of the AoT to be my second, and he replied in the positive. So what now? Maybe we could all three team up? I know both Tom and you as very reliable, so the Rebs would have no reason to be afraid that a team of three would slow down things unduly.

But anyway, maybe we should discuss the field for the showdown? HPS, I think? I think Ozark can be easily ruled out for being too small to accomodate even two players per side. Personally, I don't like Franklin and Shiloh very much. Which for me would leave us with Corinth, Gettysburg or the Seven Days. From Corinth, one would have to pick a large enough battle to be sure--Memphis comes to mind. Both Gettysburg and Peninsula would lend themselves easily for even a campaign ... thoughts?

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sir Muddy</i>
General Walter: Don't go to pains on my account. I offered my services because I didn't see a second. I only have Gettysburg and Corinth.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No pains, if the Rebs don't object. Three reliable players make a good team. Gettysburg or Corinth should do fine, too.

Well, let's hear what our Reb friends have to say.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 am 
Gentlemen,

I suppose it's time I crawled out of the woodwork to acknowledge my involvement in this discussion. I have both Corinth and GB, with a mild prejudice towards Gettysburg. FYI. This would be my first multiplayer. I'm good for several turns per week, occasionally a couple a day on a not terribly busy weekend.

Respectfully,
Gen. Thomas Callmeyer
4th Bgd.-1st Div.-XV Corps-AoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:50 am 

Right. Then I believe my suggestion would be a Gettysburg campaign that starts immediately before the battle of Gettysburg itself. This will give us a fight on the Gettysburg map, if we pick the "correct" strategic decision, but without the advantage of knowing the actual positions, and at least one good battle afterwards.

Campaigns that start at the beginning (Brandy Station) have a nasty habit of moving on into Virginia to one big showdown on the large Rappahannock map that decides the campaign and never get to Gettysburg at all. I have sort of seen that before. But if our mind isn't really set on fighting on the historical ground, that's a valid option too. Although Brandy Station is a tricky affair.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:54 pm 

Gen. Walter,

I am thinking Campaign OR Battle. The Rebs will have only two players. You Yanks can have as many as you want. I think our best go at it would be the HPS Gettysburg Campaign and like you said - we can pick one that sets us up in the vicinity of Gettysburg. I have so far had only one campoaign take me all the way to Gettysburg. It is a long haul too.

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkhsm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:42 am 

Very good, General Pinkham. If General Vicks is in agreement, I think we could start talking optional rules. Below is what would be my preferred set for a MP game, allowing for recently added rules that to me seem to make sense. Usually I prefer phased play, but it doesn't really make sense for a MP game.

I would the appropriate campaign decision point to start is "June 30th - The fight is joined! (historical)". This will give us a fight on the Gettysburg map, if the Federals make the correct decision (which is of course known to me ...), regardless of what the Rebs do, and at least one other good battle, if we are still so inclined afterwards.

What do you all think?

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:08 am 

Very well. It seems like Gen. Walter wants to keep me on the team. Everything is good to go from my perspective. On to Pennsylvania!

BG Ken 'Muddy' Jones
1/1/XXIII Army of Ohio
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:20 am 

General Walter,

Suh - Gen. Vicks and myslef are ready and the terms are acceptable. I have one question - did you want to try and make it three on a team? I have found throughout my playing in the club that it is very hard to keep it going. I know that Caleb has interruptions that may cause him not to be able to respond THAT very same day - but he is pretty prompt. When you add the third party on a team it just gets that much more difficult. With that said - I do have another player for my side if you think we want to go with three.

Suh - I trust to your selection of the starting point and now to discuss the optional rules. The <b>non-phased </b>play is the best for multiplay - I believe that should be the option. What are your thoughts as to the other rules?

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br />Very good, General Pinkham. If General Vicks is in agreement, I think we could start talking optional rules. Below is what would be my preferred set for a MP game, allowing for recently added rules that to me seem to make sense. Usually I prefer phased play, but it doesn't really make sense for a MP game.

I would the appropriate campaign decision point to start is "June 30th - The fight is joined! (historical)". This will give us a fight on the Gettysburg map, if the Federals make the correct decision (which is of course known to me ...), regardless of what the Rebs do, and at least one other good battle, if we are still so inclined afterwards.

What do you all think?

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:02 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vern Pinkham</i>
When you add the third party on a team it just gets that much more difficult. With that said - I do have another player for my side if you think we want to go with three.

I see no reason why it shouldn't be an odd number of players. 2 Rebs vs. 3 Feds, i.e. the way we are set now. And as I said before, I think you can trust our side that we will keep the game going, 2 or 3 players.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The <b>non-phased </b>play is the best for multiplay - I believe that should be the option. What are your thoughts as to the other rules?

Please see my snapshot below. [:)]
Or to summarize (maybe the graphics doesn't load for you?), I would suggest everything ON, except MDF, RL, Optional Fire & Melee Results, Quality Melee Modifiers (these five rules OFF).

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 am 

General Walter,

That is fine with me. I will speak for Caleb also. As soon as you Yanks are ready send the file to my headquarters - also if you would please include the email addresses of your entire team - that way - when we reply - ALL will get the reply and be able to see the situation.

Here is to a FUN experience and Caleb and I send you our CYBER HANDSHAKES - to you and to your whole team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:28 am 

Seems we're all set then. I am looking forward to it as well. Expect the file within a day. [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 pm 

Gen. Walter,
Gen. Vicks has agreed to the terms also. So bing it on Suh...

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham
I/AoA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]