American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WHERE ARE THE REBS?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:04 pm 

THE WAR MUST BE FINALLY WINDING DOWN!

The Rebs are all gone doing other things or licking their wounds from all of those defeats! Otherwise they must be afraid to face the newest officer to join the Union Army of the Shenandoah, Lieutenant John Ciolek (choles1), who has properly posted for a willing CSA opponent in Campaign Gettysburg! (See: http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20783).

It is a sad thing to look out over the field and to find none of those red, battle flags arrogantly waving . . . a sad thing, indeed.

But everyone knew it was only a matter of time before the Confederacy finally caved in and called it quits.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: WHERE ARE THE REBS?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 am 

There is another new YANKEE looking for some REBS, also.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 pm 

AN END TO THE WAR ARRIVES!

Arrangements are now being made by the ACWGC USA Military Group to officially receive the surrender of the ACWGC CSA Military Group on Wednesday, July 26th in Richmond, Virginia. All remaining Confederate officers are urged to rouse themselves from their stupor, put down their liquor, strap on their man pants and make themselves presentable for this final ceremony. They are also reminded to bring their battle flags and computers with them so that they may be properly turned over to the authorities for display in Washington City. Lieutenant Ciolek and any other officers awaiting an opponent have been selected as the honorary receiving officers for the surrender.

CSA officers will be permitted to keep their empty CD cases, but all CDs shall also be turned over for destruction. In addition, all CSA officers shall divest themselves of all bling and paraphernalia they may have collected in their hapless history, keeping only their worn out keyboards as reminders of their pathetic attempt at rebellion.

The rebel general McOmish will be immediately remanded to Fortress Monroe where he, and a few other selected incorrigibles, will be incarcerated until they reveal the secrets of maintaining their sobriety after consumption of large amounts of liquor. They will not be permitted to partake of the magnificent Beer & Pretzels Banquet immediately following the surrender ceremonies.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:19 am 

Now look here General Meyer, just because we are all either enjoying our month long summer picnic in your northern lands or signed up for Cam's month long summer sarsaparilla cruise (and I don't mean sarsaparilla) doesn't mean that we have given up! :D You boys spend too much time in your offices (which I hear are in a swamp) and not enough time enjoying the fresh air! :D :P

So by all means, consider your surrender event a no show as well from the CSA, though we do love the events you plan, but we are afraid that no one could get that crocodile in the AoT to surrender, so we'll pass on coming... :D But as soon as I dry out from Cam's cruise, I'll see if we can find some CSA officers who can show your new fellers the way to the dirt floor of the bar! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:35 am 

I will call a few of the boys back from their furlough!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 am 

It seems like General Meyer has been on the sauce again, as his prophecy regarding the imminent end of the war can of only be made whilst under the influence of some powerful drink, like mint tea. The reason I am somewhat late addressing this post is that I have, at the direction of President Jeff Davis, made an extensive tour/inspection of the CSA war fighting industries and supply chain, and I can report that our key industries are running a full steam and the supply deports are stocked to the gunnels. There is no danger what so ever of the CSA running out of beer or hard liquor, sorry I mean sarsaparilla. As for guns and ammo I am not sure, but I think it should be ok. :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am 

My theory is that the officer corps of the CSA is busy hunting down their topless spring break pictures. :mrgreen:

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."