American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Days Gone Bye!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
Gentlemen, Sirs! <salute>

For years I have kept used printer paper at my computer desk to use for note taking. Several months ago I pulled up a sheet that surprised me and I thought of a very special time in the ACWGC when I had been a member for only a couple of years. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did:

Quote:
December 2006

Gentlemen,
Officers of the Eastern Theater,

Sirs,

Before we all enjoy our Christmas holidays, I have called you on the parade ground again to award some fine Officers CSA medals and to appoint a new Corps commander.

But first of all, I can gladly announce the election of our new Commander in Chief. Lieutenant General Chris Cross will enter his HQ officially and permanently on January 1st, 2007. I would like to express my congratulations. Please salute our new Commander of Armies!

I am also very happy to appoint a new commander for the I Corps, Army of Georgia. Major General Paul Smith, division commander in the Army of Northern Virginia has accepted the offer and will command the Corps officially from January 1st, 2007 on.

The third task is my favorite: awarding medals for courageous battle action and outstanding service. I hereby award:

1) Lieutenant General Dave Bowman his second Ewell Medal for his first term as Army Commander ANV (second term serving in total).
2) Lieutenant General Malcolm Hunt the Beauregard Medal for achieving 25 victories versus union opponents,
3) General Andy Burke his third Beauregard Medal for achieving 75 (!) victories versus union opponents,
4) Lieutenant General Dave Bowman the Cooper Medal for his outstanding and dedicated service in the last 12 months,
5) Lieutenant General Alphonse de Mere the Davis Medal for his extraordinary leading of the I Corps, ANV on the battlefield,
6) Major General Jon Thayer the Longstreet Medal for in total 14 (!) victories of his Corps officers in October and
7) Brigadier General Willie Tisdale the Cleburne Medal for his great and enthusiastic work for the army and his command.

Gentlemen, please find your medals and ribbons attached.

Officers of the Eastern Theater, the CSA and guests, please cheer and salute our awarded and freshly appointed officers. Drinks are on me this day.

One last word: I am out of town from now on for holidays (like many of you I'm sure) until the new year. I wish you all merry Christmas. Have a great, happy and quiet time with your families and friends, we'll meet again in 2007!

General Johann Huels,
Commanding,
Eastern Theater, CSA

Respectfully,

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Commandant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Days Gone Bye!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:12 pm 

A blast from the past.

ACWGC Records Site Admin