American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:21 am 
Gentlemen,

I want to play some scenarios of the new game of Doug Strickler with the "full extended" .oob. Is there a system (quick and easy[:I]) to change the normal .oob with this one without re-design the scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Isacco

Major General Isacco Ubaldi,
4th Cavalry Brigade,
3rd "Virginia" Cavalry Division,
II "Jackson's" Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia,
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:47 pm 

Gen Ubaldi,

From my experiences with Corinth 1.01 I would say no. Once a scenario is created with one oob if you change the order or number of units in the oob you have to recreate the scenario from scratch otherwise you get an error when you try to start it and it normally will not work. At least this is what happened to me in the past. I think the scenario file identifies the units by the order they appear in the oob but I'm not positive about this. Anyway you could change the strengths, classes and picture ID's but not the order or number of units.

Also as I understand it after Corinth 1.01 and in all the other games you cannot load any oobs other than the ones that came with the game nor make any changes to the oobs since the game engine checks them somehow and won't load any but the ones that came with the game.

So unless they created alternate scenarios you can load you have no option other than to recreate the original from scratch with the alternate oob.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:08 pm 
Gen. Miller (Ken),

Thanks for the reply. I know that is impossible to change .oob but for the new title Doug Strickler create three types of .oob:
- normal
- partial extended (cavalry in 100 men units and artillery in sections)
- full extended (as above extended plus infantry in 250 men units)

If I understand well all the scenarios of the game use the "partial extended" .oob but the game accept the other two types.

<i>From my experiences with Corinth 1.01 I would say no. Once a scenario is created with one oob if you change the order or number of units in the oob you have to recreate the scenario from scratch otherwise you get an error when you try to start it and it normally will not work. At least this is what happened to me in the past. I think the scenario file identifies the units by the order they appear in the oob but I'm not positive about this. Anyway you could change the strengths, classes and picture ID's but not the order or number of units. </i>

I know there is this problem so I like to know if there is a system quick and easy to do the change between this different types of .oob.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Isacco

Major General Isacco Ubaldi,
4th Cavalry Brigade,
3rd "Virginia" Cavalry Division,
II "Jackson's" Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia,
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:36 am 

Two file types are locked, OOB and MAP. These you can't change in any way. They did include a number of alternate plus one all inclusive OOB so that you can design your own scenarios as long as the after Chancillorsville 1863 organization of the Armies in Virginia is okay for it.

The PDT file and the SCN files can be edited. Editing the SCN file can get you in trouble since as Ken says it referrs back to a particular MAP and OOB file for locations and units.

As to your original question I do seem to remember that Doug gave us a way to do this but I will have to find where I saw it.

Col. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
1st Div, I Corps, AoM (CSA)

Profile Send private message