American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oustanding Service Medal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:52 am 

Attention to Award!

I hereby present Lt General Ned Simms, USA with the Outstanding Service Medal for his service in leadership within the Army of the Shenandoah. Ned's service is truly above and beyond, and we are lucky to have him in our Army and this Club!

Congrats, General Simms!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 am 

~ salute ~

Ned served as army adjutant during my tenure as army commander. I have always appreciated his absolute honesty.

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:41 pm 

Congratulations!

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:34 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="limegreen"><SALUTE>

It is always good to reward those who are most deserving for having given of their time and talents for the benefit of the members of this great gaming Club.

Congratulations Ned!

Respectfully,

</font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua"></font id="limegreen">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Nick Kunz</font id="limegreen"><font color="green">
General
Commanding,
II Corps, Army of Georgia
Confederate States of America</font id="green"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 pm 

Once again I want to thank Gen Simms for his service commanding VI Corps then later switching to XIX Corps when I asked him to during the AoS-AoJ merger. He was definitely an asset to me in my tenure as commander of the AoS. I could always count on Ned to give me his opinion on things and I expect he will continue to let me know what he thinks.

Now since Ned will be expected to buy a few rounds after next months AoS Parade when he receives his award I'll buy him and the rest of you gentlemen one now.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:11 pm 

Congrats on the award General Simms, and since General Miller is buying I'll have a tall sweet tea and what every my men are having [:D], Officers and Enlisted [:0]

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA
VMI Instructor
"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm 

Well bust my buttons, ain't this a pretty trinket. Who drew the bull's eye on it? It was probably one of them skunk smelling, pot bellied, barefooted, musket toting Reb women that keep smiling and staring and throwing flowers at me every time that I ride through another Rebel town that my men has liberated. Melvin (that's my assistant who hasn't figured out yet that if he doesn't have any rank, then he doesn't get any pay), find out what you can about who drew that bull's eye on my medal and report back to me lickity split, would you please sir.

It was a pleasure providing service to the AoS. Any service at any level, no matter how much time that it requires, is a relief to the club. I thank everyone that has helped in the past, is helping now, and will help in the future. This is a great club that is only as good as its members (and designers), and for years that has been pretty darn good. However, there comes a time when you know that its time to move on from a command position. That time occurred to me about the same time that the third bullet whizzed by my ear from the direction of my own lines.

Melvin, you're back and you've got some information for me. You're getting better by the hour (I may have to start paying this assistant), What did you find out, dear fellow? WHAT! Gen Nelms painted that bull's eye on my medal! I don't believe it. Gen Nelms is not only color blind but he has such a huge wart on his nose that he plays his games by hanging upside down from a closet rod with a lead anchor tied through his nose (it not only gets the wart out of the way but he can also breath that way and if he ties the anchor just right, it takes care of nose hairs too). That also keeps his hunchback from getting in the way. Wouldn't that mean that the bull's eye is painted on upside down? I may have to use a nail to wear the medal upside down!

This deep thinking makes me thirsty. Bartender, as long as its on Gen Miller's tab, how about filling this.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:17 pm 

Congratulations![8D]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]XO, Army of the Cumberland[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:02 am 

Well Ned I cracked my knuckles and jumped for joy thinkin my Shiloh buddy is the real McCoy. Congratulations.

Gen Dave Danner
Army Commander
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:50 am 
Congratulations sir!

Maj. Gen. Mike Smith
Army of Georgia
Commanding
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_admin/phpbb2/index.php?f=28"]Miss Clarissa's Tavern
[/url][url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:59 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsimms</i>
<br />Well bust my buttons, ain't this a pretty trinket. Who drew the bull's eye on it? It was probably one of them skunk smelling, pot bellied, barefooted, musket toting Reb women that keep smiling and staring and throwing flowers at me every time that I ride through another Rebel town that my men has liberated. Melvin (that's my assistant who hasn't figured out yet that if he doesn't have any rank, then he doesn't get any pay), find out what you can about who drew that bull's eye on my medal and report back to me lickity split, would you please sir.

It was a pleasure providing service to the AoS. Any service at any level, no matter how much time that it requires, is a relief to the club. I thank everyone that has helped in the past, is helping now, and will help in the future. This is a great club that is only as good as its members (and designers), and for years that has been pretty darn good. However, there comes a time when you know that its time to move on from a command position. That time occurred to me about the same time that the third bullet whizzed by my ear from the direction of my own lines.

Melvin, you're back and you've got some information for me. You're getting better by the hour (I may have to start paying this assistant), What did you find out, dear fellow? WHAT! Gen Nelms painted that bull's eye on my medal! I don't believe it. Gen Nelms is not only color blind but he has such a huge wart on his nose that he plays his games by hanging upside down from a closet rod with a lead anchor tied through his nose (it not only gets the wart out of the way but he can also breath that way and if he ties the anchor just right, it takes care of nose hairs too). That also keeps his hunchback from getting in the way. Wouldn't that mean that the bull's eye is painted on upside down? I may have to use a nail to wear the medal upside down!

This deep thinking makes me thirsty. Bartender, as long as its on Gen Miller's tab, how about filling this.

Lt Gen Ned Simms
1/1/VIII/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'll have you know that I have my barber trim my nose hair. Also, I wouldn't lower myself to paint anything....I just have one of my aides do it. I mean being a General has to be worth something.

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 am 

Almost looks like a Purple Heart medal [:0]. If'n you wear it out on to the battle field maybe a Reb sniper with use it to sight in on and you'll get a Purple Heart [:D][:D]

Respectfully,
Maj. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:18 am 

Congratulations sir!

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:27 am 

Huzzah for Ned!!

<font size="1">I wonder if he wore shoes to the ceremony?</font id="size1"> [:0]

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
I/I/VI/AoS
"Forward Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:44 am 

CONGRATULATIONS! TO YOU SIR. We are proud to serve with you. <SALUTE!>[:)]

Colonel Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK