American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 am 
Abraham Lincoln, the greatest President our country has seen, was assassinated.

It was the South's biggest blunder of the war.

2nd Lt. Beno
5/2/I AoP
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:54 am 

Malice towards none, charity for all.

<center><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="black"><b>Major General Tom Phillips</b></font id="black">
<font color="red">The Brus Artillery Btn</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font face="Times New Roman"><font color="yellow"> 4/3/III/AoG
</font id="yellow"> <b>Confederate States of America</b></font id="Times New Roman">
</font id="size3"></center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:34 pm 

"The South's biggest blunder"? . . . That shows a lack of knowledge of the facts in the case, sir. I have never seen any evidence to support a claim of a premeditated plot by any Southern leaders, nor any evidence to support claims of anyone except Booth leading a conspiracy . . . It was a blunder, yes; but I wouldn't lay the blame at the doorstep of "The South."

Sincerely,
Brig Gen Dwight McBride
V Corps/AOP/USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:49 pm 
There was some evidence that the North attempted to assainate Davis.....There is also some evidence that Booth actually had some inside help from Edwin Stanton who issued quite a few unusual orders which allowed the assaination and then prosecuted the conspirators and those who were innocent just the same (Dr. Mudd for Example) The evidence was circumstantial, but there was more of it than there was of the Southern Government being involved.....Oh and remember the missing pages from Booths diary....Speculation is they incriminated his Northen help......Linclon needed to be eliminated for the radicals to get their hard policies.....So no, I don't think it was a Southern blunder

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 pm 
"Greatest president?" I think not. Abraham Lincoln presided over the greatest trauma in our history with a 3 year bloodbath in the illegal, but successful effort to prevent Southern Independence. It was the triumph of federalism over states' rights. [:(!]
The soldiers fighting for government of the people, by the people and for the people wore gray uniforms. [}:)] [;)]

What did Lincoln accomplish that was praiseworthy?
The Emancipation Proclamation did not free one slave.
Preservation of the Union was accomplished against the will of the South with more bloodshed and destruction of property than this country has ever suffered since.

Lincoln's administration suspended habeas corpus, jailed thousands of dissenters, and shut down hundreds of opposition newspapers. Lincoln's armies looted and burned homes, cities, and crops. It would be amusing to see how most Lincoln admirers would respond if George W were to do the same today to his critics of the Middle East war or our enemies.
By the way, Lincoln was also a Republican. [:D]

BG Ross McDaniel
2nd Bde, 3rd Div, III Corps, AoG, CSA

Surrender means that the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the War; will be impressed by all the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision."--- General Pat Cleburne, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:36 am 

Thank you Col B. Let us observe this with a moment of silence and reserve any political analysis for a different time and place.

Lt.General Dale Lastowicka
4th Brigade, 1st Division, VIII Corps, AOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:45 am 
Couldn't have said it better myself. A modern press would have lambasted Lincoln into exile as they have tried to do with W Bush.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ross McDaniel</i>
<br />"Greatest president?" I think not. Abraham Lincoln presided over the greatest trauma in our history with a 3 year bloodbath in the illegal, but successful effort to prevent Southern Independence. It was the triumph of federalism over states' rights. [:(!]
The soldiers fighting for government of the people, by the people and for the people wore gray uniforms. [}:)] [;)]

What did Lincoln accomplish that was praiseworthy?
The Emancipation Proclamation did not free one slave.
Preservation of the Union was accomplished against the will of the South with more bloodshed and destruction of property than this country has ever suffered since.

Lincoln's administration suspended habeas corpus, jailed thousands of dissenters, and shut down hundreds of opposition newspapers. Lincoln's armies looted and burned homes, cities, and crops. It would be amusing to see how most Lincoln admirers would respond if George W were to do the same today to his critics of the Middle East war or our enemies.
By the way, Lincoln was also a Republican. [:D]

BG Ross McDaniel
2nd Bde, 3rd Div, III Corps, AoG, CSA

Surrender means that the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the War; will be impressed by all the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision."--- General Pat Cleburne, CSA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Regards,

Lt. Gen. Alan Lynn
Interim CSA CoA
CSA Chief of Staff
3rd Bgde, 3rd Cav Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:15 am 
I must agree that Lincoln was far from the greatest President....I'll just ask this, what would history say about Hitler had he won? I do not think Lincoln was THAT bad.....But I do think he was the closest thing we have ever had to a Hitler....He did indeed win though

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding