American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:12 pm 

American Civil War for Empire Total War
The release 3.0 and the first patch 3.1 are out now.

ETW Campaign
Warpath Campaign
Civil War 2D Artworks
Civil War songs
Original sounds
and many more details

here is site: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627

MG Elkin
3rd Div/2nd Cav/XVIth Corps AotT

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 am 

Have you played it yet? How is it?

6th Brigade , The Rocky Mountain Light Artillery Brigade
1st Division
I Corps
Army of the Potomac

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 pm 

I have not installed yet as the MODS can very complex. I would follow the directions to the letter. I am currently playing an Empire Total War scenario as the Brits. I can't conquer India or the Americas yet.

MG Elkin AotT

PS - I am playing a Cornith game as the Union, and I am getting crushed by the talented Mr. Owen Evans. I believe that this Cornith battle is one of the toughest I have tried.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:25 pm 

I loaded the mod and tried a few turns. The team has done a lot of great work so far to get this to a playable version.

The Campaign portion is limited by the format of Total War but surprisingly there is enough there to simulate the Civil War strategies of the Union and Confederate in the East, West, and Central regions of the Country reasonably well. Still there are some historical anomalies with the Cities on the Campaign Map but the mod is an impressive work in progress.

Where the game shines is the tactical battles. The first one I played I felt like I was at a Civil War reenactment because the visuals are so stunning if you have a powerful enough machine and video card. I'll play it out a bit more and report back if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:24 pm 

I can't recommend this one. Mostly because it will take you a couple of days to clean the crap that the downloaders install on your computer. I am still not sure I have cleaned it all off and never even got the downloads. Unless they get a better file server for their downloads I would avoid this one. You might create a restore point before attempting then restore your computer afterward.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm 

There are download links that don't require the download manager. When I saw that i had to download and install some 3rd party manager I backed off and tried the others and they were direct downloads. I'm sorry you had that experience General, it's a fun gaming experience but still very much in the beta stages.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 am 

Can you post a link to the download?

On their forum site I only found two links and both were to managed downloaders.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:42 pm 

mediafire seems to download direct for me, although I may already have "signed up" with these cloud servers and it logs me in automatically. I have dowloaded mods from mediafire and GameFront many times.

part 001:http://www.mediafire.com/?5061bcdtqxsd2qs

part 002: http://www.mediafire.com/?bnwrh1ay6tm7k65

You will need to install 7-zip to unzip part 001 and it will automatically combine with 002. You can only use 7-zip, but it's a trusted little program.

and then from GameFront

music (must be installed) http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=21658385

You have to install the music (great stuff btw but most of it from ageod ACW) AND you must have Steam running in the background first before this mod will work. no exceptions.

Here is the link to the instructions. after downloading, you HAVE to read these to install correctly: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538961

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:05 pm 

Slowly getting this thing set up. Thanks for the links, vast improvement over the ones the people at ACW3 gave. It took me a while to figure out they had split the zip files with a program called hssplit, a real ancient dog of a program. You have to down load the hs-join to undo the stupidity of splitting a small zip file into two parts and not using zip's built in splitting.

Still to try the mod. Hopefully its quality corresponds more to their web site than their handling of downloads and instructions. If I ever get it to actually work I will give a review. Hopefully I will remember all the things I had to do to get it to work so I can write that down too.