American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tavern Raid!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:26 pm 

I was told you boys relocated some fine drinks from McOmish personal stash. We are here to put these drinks to better use, so hand them over. There going to Miss Clarissa's Tavern :twisted:

Army of Georgia
Commanding
"Second to None"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Tavern Raid!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 pm 
As General Wilson's men load the confiscated contraband on to the wagons the teamster tightly grips the reigns and tries to remain calm.

"A fine raid, General Wilson, those Virginians never knew what hit them!" Prax Swan bragged to his commander.

"Yes, it was a fine raid, indeed. General McOmish's private label will be ours and we can frame the Yanks for all this mess. And it was a great idea to bring the wagon to transport all of the stock back to the railroad depot, Gen. Swan."

"I thought you ordered the wagon, sir. I didnt bring it."

At that moment the teamster knew his time had come. He stood up and with an evil laugh flung the fake beard from his face!

"Thanks for the contraband suckers!" Lt. Gen. Miller turned and whipped the horses with a fury as he raced down the road with the wagon in tow. Strickler and Davis waited up the road for the pursuing Georgia officers. When they were close enough Davis flung an angry bee hive into their path while Strickler used his pet skunk to further derail any pursuit.

"Damn those Mississippians!" Wilson cried.

The Army of the Mississippi had struck again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:57 pm 

It is great to know that my officers are looking after my personal stash - well done men, medals all round. I knew those AoG boys could be dastardly, but to take a mans stash and make it look like the yanks - unbelievable :shock:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:03 am 

Gen. Prax,

Load up that giant pumkin from Oktoberfest, it should be ripe enough now, I'll give you orders as to where we are going later. We most not be spotted. By the way general no more greenies on these raids only men you can trust....

Army of Georgia
Commanding
"Second to None"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 am 

Out from behind the shed walks the ol' General.....

He mounts his horse, looks at his cavalry & says....

Come on boys let's have some fun! If you are lookin to steal from Georgia or Mississippi some supplies for the Old Dominion, I require able bodied men who wish to provide for the MOST IMPORTANT Army & Theater of the War! We all know if Richmoand falls, so does the Confederacy!

So let's lick them Yanks and show those country cousins of ours, just who runs this show! :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:42 pm 
Richmond, sir?! Yes, it would be a shame if our fatcat politicians had to try to mount some horses and high-tail it south! We Mississippians protect the really important section of our nation - the Rivers. You Easterners can build your little forts to protect your buildings and landmarks but we out west fight out in the open like men. And what do yall need cavalry for?! My men could hike the 90 miles to Washington in a day and a half!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm 

Richmond, sir?! Yes, it would be a shame if our fatcat politicians had to try to mount some horses and high-tail it south! We Mississippians protect the really important section of our nation - the Rivers. You Easterners can build your little forts to protect your buildings and landmarks but we out west fight out in the open like men. And what do yall need cavalry for?! My men could hike the 90 miles to Washington in a day and a half!

Sadly the out in the open philosophy was used by Ol' Wooden Head & Granny Bragg...look where it got them! :P

You speak of loosin' dem rivers, but look where all the money comes n goes, outta the East! :D

Besides how many times did we have to send men West to save ya'll! You also ain't got no one like Uncle Robert, whom is the whole Confederacy by and by!! :D

Now you Western boys go back to climbing hills and burying yer dead and allow us Virginians to get the job done! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 am 
It must be real hard trying to defend an area the size of Delaware. All of my Army to weeps for you... wait, we can't.... were too busy fighting off the real generals of the Union. While yall are whipping up on Burnside, Pope, and McDowell, we are stuck fighting Grant, Sherman, and Thomas. And... wasn't Thomas a Virginian? No Mississippian turning traitor on us, sir! You soft easterners go back to your picturesque war and leave the hard fighting to us westerners. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 pm 

Just how did fighting Grant, Sherman & Thomas work out for you all! :P

Cause last time I checked, us boys in the East were keeping the War alive for us, while your territory shrank to the size of Delaware in 6 months.... :D