American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: 1st HACW - Reports
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:49 am 

It's my pleasure to announce that the 1st Historical American Civil War Tournament is now open. All the members of the Club are invited to participate.
There is 82 historical scenarios that will be opened in a chronological order at the Opponent Finder Section of the Tavern.
The first Union and Confederate officers to reply will fight the battle and at the conclusion of the scenario, each side will received points based on the victory result.
The total points accumulated will determine the winner of the war.

To see the rules, the points system and the list of scenarios:

http://www.geocities.com/hlajoie63/1stHACW.html

Officers, I wish you good luck.
Have fun !

Fld. Lt. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:01 am 
Harold,
Do these games get registered with the club or just through you??

Fld Lt D.H. Smith
3/1/III Corps,AotM,CSA
http://users.adelphia.net/~sapper99/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:25 am 

Lt. Smith,
your register your game as usual with the Club, so you can receive your OBD points. The purpose of the HACW is to add some excitement and rivalty between North and South officers by having our games influence the outcome of the war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:16 am 

Col. Peters, Sir

The first player to post a challenge is registered. The first opponent to accept it will go in. I will try to keep five scenarios open simultaneously so everybody can have a chance to participate.
When a battle is started, I will open a new scenario.

If you want to fight a specific officer, it could be done but you must act quickly to be the first two to register.

Hoping to see you soon on the field,

Salute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:12 pm 

Col. Peters, Sir

My first thought was to limit players to one game at a time but as it is the first time I propose this kind of tournament, I had no idea of how many players could be involved and how quickly they will register. For now, I'm not imposing a limit. I'm confident that the members know how many games they can handle. I know that some players can easily play many games simultaneously and by allowing more than one game per player I estimate that the tournament could be finished in a little more than one year. If the participation is important, I may impose a limit of one or two scenarios played simultaneously by a player.

I will try to correct all the problems that may appear, please be indulgent if some minor adjustments have to be made.

Thank you for your comment, it is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:15 pm 

It could be interesting to know how things are developping on the various battlefields. To keep the participants informed, you may post your battle reports in this topic.

Capt. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:20 am 

Good news: I just receive my copy of Campaign Shiloh, HURRAY !!!

After verification, the Mill Springs scenario will be worth 12 points, as the CS version have 10,700 men involved. Shiloh is reduce to 104 points (80,000+ men X 2 days).

The points allowed are now official for all the CS scenarios.

The Fort Henry scenario is now open at the Opponent Finder Section.

Capt. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:45 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font color="pink"><b>Battle of Lexington </b>- The Ring Closes - Battle update!
As of 7:40am on the morning of September 18th, 1861, <i>Colunel Edwards' </i>Union Boys are holed up in a fortified position at the Masonic College outside of Lexington. Under his command is Colunel James Mulligan and his Irish Brigade.
Though a kind offer of surrender [:D] was rejected the Rebel forces of <i>Colonel Kunz</i>, under the command of Major General Price of the Missouri State Guard, had completed the encirclement of the Yankees! With the capture of the Anderson Warehouse and Reserve supply train, the defeat of the 3rd/Lexington Home Guard and the taking of the ferry landing across the Missouri River, the Ring has now closed. It is only a matter of time before the Yankees will be forced to surrender or die at their post![;)]
Regards, </font id="pink">

Colonel Nick Kunz
Commanding,
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'

<font color="limegreen">PS We wish to congratulate Major Harold Lajoie on his much deserved promotion!</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:37 am 

Gentlemen,
I'm making a little report to resume what's going on in the tournament.

There is eleven battles actually in play. No final result so far.

Three Confederates officers are waiting for the Union forces to show up. CS Brigadier General Ted Huffman is defending the area around Roanoke Island, NC. CS Colonel Patrick G. Carroll is commanding a rebel force at Dunagin's Farm. CS Major Harold Lajoie is advancing in Kentucky and is reported to be near Mill Springs.

Beside these three scenarios, two others are open for both sides:
CS 051 Fort Henry and CS 024 Fort Donelson Day 1.

My request for the recognition of the Awards for the 1st HACW was accepted by US General Mark Nelms and CS Lieutenant General D.W. Mallory. The 1st HACW Medal of Merit will be offered to the players who will gain 100 points or more for their side. The 1st HACW Veterans Medal will be offered to the players who will play 100 turns or more in the tournament. Finally, all participants will receive the 1st HACW Participation Ribbon. The three Awards have a CSA and a Union version.

Maj. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:14 pm 

Camp Bacon.
Boonville.
Missouri.
June 17th, 1861
10:40 A.M.

General Price Sir!

It is my pleasure to make to You, a Report of the current situation at Camp Bacon, as per your Orders of the 14th inst.

Governor C.F. Jackson and his subordinate, Colonel J. Marmaduke, began deployment of their detachment of Missouri State Guards at 08:00 A.M.

A small Company of Cavalry Recruits, armed with Shotguns, had left earlier to stand watch for Union activity, at a convenient point along the Rocheport Road. Confederate sympathisers had reliably informed Jackson, that the Federals would make a landing where that Road meets with the Missouri River.

Shortly after eight of the clock, a Courier was received at Camp Bacon, from the outlying Horsemen. He reported considerable numbers of Union Cavalry, Infantry and Artillery sighted, travelling the road from the Landing and in the direction of Camp Bacon.

As if it were not already required, the Resolve of the MSG stiffened with this news and efforts redoubled to repel the detestable Union Horde. Every effort spent to hold Camp Bacon and deter Union Investment of Boonville would be effort gladly spent to maintain States Rights and our collective Freedoms.

The Cavalry Recruits, being of small numbers and of no comparable strength to the Union Force, maintained a safe distance to the South and dispatched regular Reports to Jackson, regarding the Advance of the Union.

The crossroads at Adams' House was ceded to the Federals without contest, Jackson - in conference with Marmaduke and with that said Gentleman's express concurrence - deeming the Terrain better suited to Offence, rather than Defence.

'Twas here Sir, that the Cavalry Recruits broke their Surveillance - the Woods to the South and West of Adams' House, necessitating a closer proximity to the Enemy than Prudence would forbear, to maintain visual contact. Again Sir, it was felt unwise to place those gallant Troopers in a position where they may need to engage the Enemy - the outcome of such Engagement would have been to Union advantage and wasteful of our Confederate Patriots' skills and indeed, Their very Lives.

Marmaduke then dispatched roving Patrols of 100 Infantry into the afore-mentioned Woods. One of these Patrols chanced upon an undetermined number of Union Infantry in Column March within the Southern confines of the Woods. The MSG unleashed a hurried volley into the rear Ranks of the Federals and broke contact.

A retaliation was expected but never came, leading to the supposition that this Ambuscade was viewed as a mere annoyance and would not be allowed to deter or delay the Unionist Infantry from advancing on Camp Bacon.

The result of this single volley was 3 Union Casualties and none to the MSG.

And that Sir, is as how things stand 'til now.

No further sightings of the Union Forces have been made.

The MSG continue to prepare for the Federal onslaught and Camp Bacon holds Firm and Ready.

Boonville remains defiantly Confederate and independent of Federal interference.

I remain Sir,
A Staunch Defender of States Rights,
And Your Obedient Servant.

By my Hand,

Patrick G.M. Carroll
(Colonel)
A.o.G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:46 pm 
Battle of Lexington - the Ring Closes Reply

[B)]Tis true i say - those rebels did in fact beat up on a wagon train and the young lads charged with defending the same. Tis a sad day when the rebel cause sees fit to extol the virtues of such an action. Though the ring closes my men after witnessing the destruction of these lads have the fortutude to hold and hold our banner high in the face of such despicable actions. The Irish Brigade will hold and when the rebs are ready for taking on <font color="red">men</font id="red"> we will greet them with cold steel.[;)]

We await his onslaught - may the right of the union prevail[:D]

Lt Col Neil Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:11 pm 

<font color="pink"><font face="Georgia"><b>Lexington - The Ring Closes?</b>
9:00am, September 18th, 1861

The gallant Southern forces of the Missouri State Guard, lead by Major General Sterling Price 'Old Pap', ventured into melee attack upon the entrenched Union forces of Colonel John Mulligan's 'Irish Brigade', under the direct command of Colunel Neil Edwards. Three waves of attack lead by BG Alexander Stern's 5th MSG Div, BG Mosby Parsons's 6th MSG Div and BG James McBride's 7th MSG Div fell on the Union defenders in the NW section of the line. Suffice it to say after a hard fought push little gain was made. The Missouri State Guard forces are now falling back from the tightly entrenched Union forces at the Masonic College. Looks like this battle will require a longer period of time to starve out the Union defenders.

<i>Forces of the MSG salute the brave Yankee boys holed up at the college!</i>

Respectfully submitted by,</font id="Georgia"></font id="pink">

Colonel Nick Kunz
Commanding,
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:06 am 

J. Spradlin's Farm.
Middle Creek.
Kentucky.
January 10th, 1862.
01:00 P.M.

General Price Sir!

It is my pleasure to make to You, a Report of the current situation at Middle Creek, as per Orders.

Brigadier General Marshall, encamped his Men overnight in the environs of Spradlin's Farm, located at the confluence the Lost Fork and the Left Fork streams. From hence the waters flow forth East by North East, as Middle Creek.

At 08.00 A.M. Marshall deployed his Forces to the East of Spradlin's Farm, utilising the rough Terrain of Piney Point and an unnamed Hill, South and North of the East Road, respectively, as cover.

As Noon approached, Marshall and his Command, had neither sight nor rumour of the expected Federal Forces deemed to be approaching Spradlin's Farm.

The 8th Company, of the 1st Kentucky Regiment were dispatched along the East Road to reconnoitre and sight the Enemy. A short time after half past the Hour, two unidentified Companies of Union Cavalry were sighted approaching 8th Co. at Full Gallop.

The opposing Forces appeared to be entering in to an Engagement due South of Graveyard Point, where the East Road loops North and then South again, thus avoiding an unnecessary double-fording of Middle Creek and Spur's Look Branch.

The Confederates braced themselves for close quarter combat with the charging Federals. At the last moment - daunted no doubt by the sight of our brave Troopers unflinchingly standing their Ground - the Yankees about faced and fled down into the Gully which cradles the East Road at this point.

Note was quickly taken of Garfield's advancing Infantry and Artillery, with close Cavalry support. It would appear He is disposed towards a cautious Advance, rather than a bold, headlong Challenge for control of Middle Creek.

A Company of Federal Cavalry was also observed at this time, to be assuming an observational position upon Spur's Look - the Heights above the East bank of Spur's Look Branch. From Hence, they can safely observe much of the slopes facing down onto the East Road as it approaches Spradlin's Farm.

Any Confederate Forces manoeuvring in these areas, will require to proceed with Caution, as Their movements will be known to the Enemy, well in advance of any Engagement.

An hour has passed since this Confrontation began to build and there has been no Engagement between the two Contingents and no Casualties to either side.

Brigadier General Marshall is resolute in his determination, that the Federals will not gain control of Middle Creek and the East Road, past Spradlin's Farm.

Confederate Morale is High, the Men are well supplied and positioned. They are also eager to Engage. There is a small worry that Our Artillery ammunition may be defective - the oncoming Conflict will test this Worry for Good or Ill.

Regardless of this minor doubt, I am Sir fully confident of a Major Victory for Our Glorious Cause, at Middle Creek, Kentucky.

I remain Sir,

A Staunch Defender of States Rights,
And Your Obedient Servant.

By my Hand,

Patrick G.M. Carroll
(Colonel)
A.o.G.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:35 pm 

First Manassas
CSA Battlefield Report
9 AM, July 21, 1861

The battle has now been in progress for four hours. Shortly before 7 AM Union troops advanced against our extreme left which was cover by just two small brigades and cavalry. A cavalry company tried to scout the area east of the woods on the other side of Bull Run but quickly withdrew after running into an artillery column moving north on a back road.

Schenck's Union brigade moves against the Stone Bridge but finding it blocked shift further north but don't force a crossing. A cavalry company circled back from the north behind Schenck's position hoping draw off some of the troops makes a sucide charge at artillery left unprotected taking out ten guns.

Further to their left Burnside's brigade advances toward Balls Ford catching two of Cocke's regiments on the wrong side of the river. One is routed which ties down Cocke's brigade for almost an hour trying cover the regiments withdrawal.

Meanwhile Sherman's big brigade comes out of the woods at Island Ford hitting the two cavalry regiments covering this key area that links the Confederate left to the main forces. The cavalry slow Sherman down for an hour but are decimated in the process. Reinforcements from the right lead by Gen. Johnston move up to cover the area on Cocke's right as he retreats but the enemy now controls all the upper fords and is advancing from the Bull Run valley.

On the right Gen. Beauregard, finally realizing the Union has gained the initiative, tries to put pressure on the Union left to draw off troops by crossing at Blackburn's and Mitchell's fords. Bonham's brigade making a sweep of the area between Cub Run and the Union position covering Blackburn's ford runs into a lone regiment apparently sent by Sherman to hold the road across Cub Run. This regiment is quickly overrun giving the Rebels a slight advantage in the casualty balance. Meanwhile other regiment quickly extent the attack against the right of Richardson's position driving back Wilcox's brigade which was trying to extend his right. It looks like Richardson's position has been substantially reinforced by Heintzelman's division. The fighting has become general in this area.

BG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:02 pm 

<font color="pink"><font face="Andale Mono">Lexington - The Ring Closes?
11:40a.m., September 18th, 1862

Missouri State Guard forces, under the command of Major General Sterling Price, have disengaged and withdrawn a safe distance from the Union forces of Colonel James Mulligan's 'Irish Brigade', under the command of Colunel Neil Edwards. Rebel artillery, on high ground, continues to pound the Union positions located in the fortified Masonic College, however ammo supply is short. A stalemate appears to be developing which could last throughout the day.

Respectfully submitted,

</font id="Andale Mono"></font id="pink">

Nick Kunz
Brigadier General
2/2/III Corps
Army of Alabama
Confederate States of America

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next