*   The British Armies in America

* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:17 am 

Chief Tishomongo and I are fighting it out in the 1814 Campaign game. In Scenario 2 I was relieved to see reinforcements lead by Col. A. Amos of the 3/27th Foot. I was quite surprised to see also a Mr. Col A. Amos leading the HQ staff of 1st Brigade onto the field!!! Two Al Amos' on the field the next turn, how lucky am I! Or was one of them his twin Adrian? Allan? Achmed? Arthur?

Was this a chain of command representation where 'Amos' is commander of 1 Brigade as well as 3/27th Foot? If so, I was sure there was a way to do this in the heirarchy tree of the organisation. At least I was able to do it in the Battleground series (e.g. Napoleon in overall command as well as command of the central reserve with only one figure)

PS I thought all the 'Col Anonymous' figures were to have special markings reflecting that they were not historical figures?

PPS I thought Al was an American!?! Shouldn't you be represented on the <u>other</u> side? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:04 am 

Al Amos is in charge of US troops at Sackett's Harbor. Alex Amos (my son) and Amanda Amos (my daughter) are on the other side.

And what the heck, when you spend about 180 hours making a campaign, you get to put in the names that pops into your head (names added during the sleepy 178th hour hehehe...)

Amos Wars is very self promoting, but fun little battles, try one! :~)

Ens Al Amos 1st US Dragoons - 1812-R

Edited by - Al Amos on 09/21/2001 09:12:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:29 pm 

I never begrudge a man for leaving his mark, not giving his kids a little immortality either. Was just curious and all in good fun.

Speaking of the Campaign, Al can you tell me a little about the the first scenario. We made our selections and played them, but the first scenario took place at Mackinac. Was this supposed to represent Fort George? We are now currently at Sackett's Harbour but the campaign is suspended for a couple of weeks while my opponent is on the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:22 am 

Rob, the place is Oswego. It is in the campaign description. al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:45 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=2 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Rob, the place is Oswego. It is in the campaign description. al
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Sorry Al, here is what the British player gets:

<font color=yellow>" I can promise your troops won't go hungry, " Commodore Sir James Yeo, Commanding Officer, RN Lake Ontario Squadron, flatly states, " and once Chauncey's ships are off the lake, the supply situation will improve greatly." Lt General Sir George Prevost chimes in, "Sir, the rumors talk that Brown is planning on retaking Fort George, again, " all present chuckle, then he continues, " I can bring two of my brigades over from Chazy and take the American's port from the rear, they won't even suspect anything is a foot, until I hit them."</font id=yellow>

and:

<font color=yellow>06:00 May 6th, 1814. Commodore Yeo snaps shut his eye piece. "Good. Looks like we've caught them sleeping! Bring the ships in closer cover that landing with fire!" (Take the objective hexes and hold them throughout the game simulating the destruction of supplies located there.) (48 turns)</font id=yellow>

The scenario title bar only says "Campaign Game".

I don't want to explore any deeper with the Campaign editor as I want everything to be a surprise, but I did check out the first node since we finished it and I can see it's <u>supposed</u> to be Oswego, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't know that from anything in the campaign.

Perhaps we should carry this on via e-mail if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:09 am 

Oswego is in the file title which of course doesn't show up anywhere for the player to see, my bad :)

The map is a sub-map of Mackinac Island, and adding titles is a bit tricky if the parent map has titles already.

al