*   The British Armies in America

* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 4:10 am 

Gentlemen, has anyone noticed, too, that it seems impossible to save an encrypted PBEM file in 1812? If you do that, the program seems to regard the turn as finished and encrypts the file, so you can't open it again. I understand that's done to prevent the player from replaying the turn several times. But there are good reasons to save a PBEM file. <br> 1. You may want to save a file that takes you longer to finish when you have to leave the computer for a while, obviously; <br> 2. You have to save a file during movement phase in MP games; <br> 3. In my case, I wanted to store the informations needed for writing an after-action-report by saving my own turn. <br>
I couldn't find anything about that in the manual(s). Does anyone know a way around that feature? Any input appreciated.

ACWGC: Lt. Walter, 3/2/VIII AoS <br> NWC: SLt. Walter, Artillery, 2nd Prussian Brigade <br> CCC: Pvt. Walter, 4th Regiment "King's Own" (1812)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 8:41 am 

Sir, it sounds like you have a problem with your install, as that is not how it is designed to work. In fact, I just saved a copy of one of my encrypted PBEM games yesterday and then went back into it.

Send me an e-mail and we'll try to get to the bottom of it. rahamy@hist-sdc.com

<HTML>
Maj. Hamilton      LGen. Hamilton   Gen.de Brig. Hamilton
New York Militia   II Corps, ANV     Retired Frog
Secretary of War
CCC
</HTML>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 7:35 pm 

Sir, I did a complete re-install, and for the moment it seems to work. Still, if I try to open a file just saved without closing it first (I agree, why would I do that, if not as a test), the program still considers the turn finished. I understand that this was not the purpose, so may it be a bug? The game runs fine besides that. Also I never had any problems with any of the BG games.

ACWGC: Lt. Walter, 3/2/VIII AoS <br> NWC: SLt. Walter, Artillery, 2nd Prussian Brigade <br> CCC: Pvt. Walter, 4th Regiment "King's Own" (1812)