* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mid-Year Club Report
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:06 pm 

Latest Club News:

Mid-Year Report:

I wanted to provide an update, as I haven't been able to do monthly reports on the forum like I want to, I figured a Mid-Year one would be a good idea. I'd like to thank everyone for their time & dedication to the Club. I know that we are all often busy in real life and the Club leadership has been very busy ourselves with real life, which is why we have been a bit slow on some of our ideas and plans. But we know folks have a lot of choices for things they can do with their time, so thank you for being with us, even if you are just hanging out and not gaming at the moment.

So far this year as of he issuance of the May Club Archives we have had 71 games started this year and 60 completed, which I think is rather good for half way through the year. It has us at a good pace. Things have slowed up a bit as the 2013 Summer Tourney has dwindled down a bit, but it is still a good pace. We are still just above 100 members, we made some great gains this year that I'll highlight below and we had some losses too, which balances out well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment Goals Surpassed & Previous Years Records Shattered:

I am extremely happy to say that the goals I thought we'd make for recruitment have been surpassed. We currently have our 14th newest member this year in training. A fellow from Belgium, which is great because we don't get Continental European members too often. I will announce his arrival after his training is done.

We have had 13 people come before him and all are wonderful gamers & members of other organizations that will bring us some much needed life & gaming. They have a wide variety of talents, experience & interests that'll help drive our Club forward. It is only June too, see how many more we get as time goes on. :D

14 new members surpasses & shatters the last 5 years of yearly recruitment totals brought into the Club. You have to go back to 2008 to find a time when more folks joined in a year and we are only 3 new members away from passing that. This is only good news for us as we work to build upon the successes we've had the last few years.

You can view our latest recruitment numbers here: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Training_Center/summary.htm

As well as our latest recruits here: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Training_Center/records.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty:

The Bounty has had some good competition in it lately and Garry Cope has been dominating it left & right. We need some folks who can unseat him from the winners chair. :) Be sure to file your bounties:

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Bounty/index.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Music on Sites & Expanded Order of Battles:

The Continental American Army, the Indian Alliance & the British Armies in America websites have had some more work done to to them. New music was added to each as well as many new units added into their Order of Battles, giving a wide array of troops to be assigned to for new members, with a large background from the various wars. The highlight being the new Reserve Division in the Americans that use War of 1812 & Mexican-American War units.

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Americans/Re ... vision.htm

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/Indian_Alliance/index.html

http://www.wargame.ch/1776/British/index.html

The music might take a bit to load, they are large files.

2014 Plans for the Club:

The 2014 Plans for the Club being worked on by the Club Staff have slowed up a bit. One of the Staff members is currently moving, I have been a bit busy the last two months with real life and we have a number of initiatives that are half way along at the moment. An issue at the moment is my computer with my website work & my webpage making program has died so I am working on trying to get the money to get a new program and see if I can get the data from the old machine salvaged. So between that & some of my times issues we have slowed up a bit in our plans.

We have however launched a News Ticker on the main Club page, just above the armies: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/index.html It will have some but not all of the latest news posted to it. Letting folks know some recent highlights.

As for the Club Newsletter, it is still in the works. The Staff member who is moving was going to write a great article and still should, just a matter of time issues for him. I've got other folks writing a few things, but I have yet to put out the Club wide call, which I hope to soon. Been an issue of finding some free time to focus on things. Plus with the website software down for me, it'll be a bit longer, but I hope to get us there.

Other plans are still there, it is a matter of time and also a matter of other members time too that have volunteered to help on various tasks. But we will work on stuff one at a time. All the plans we have had from newsletters, to artists interviews to finding new recruitment ways & the house rules are still on the horizon to get done. :) We have a few new ideas too that are in preliminary stages. We are still excited for the future though and hope that you'll all come along with us. :D

Again we are thankful for those who game and thankful for everyone who spends time with the Club and is a member. :) We welcome input anytime!

If you know people who might like the Club, send them our way! I want to smash the 2008 recruitment total!

Club Site & Forum:

Be sure to drop by the main Club website for the latest: http://www.wargame.ch/1776/index.html

Be sure to visit the forum for all sorts of news & activity, we have been busy lately: http://wargame.ch/board/cc/index.php

If you forget your login & password, let me know so I can get Ernie Sands to help you get setup again in the forum.

As always If you're having trouble finding opponents let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I hope everyone has a great week!

On Behalf of the Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC) Staff,

Lieutenant General Scott Ludwig, DSM
Commander-in-Chief of His Most Britannic Majesty's British Armies in America

The Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC) Staff:

Field Marshal Ernie Sands, KCB
President of the Colonial Campaigns Club (CCC)

Maréchal Le Prince du Garry Copé, OoL
Secretary of War & Commander-in-Chief l'Armée de Terre Royale

Lieutenant General Phil Wilson, OSM
Commander-in-Chief of the Continental American Army

Lieutenant General Scott Ludwig, OSM

Lightning Chief Celamanka Noftz, MSM
Interim Chief of the Indian Alliance

Field Marshal The Earl of Lexington, OSM
(Scott Ludwig)

The British Armies in America

Training Center Commander

Glory in the King's Service! God Save the King!

Post subject: Re: Mid-Year Club Report
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 pm 

Happy to see new members joining the club!

Awesome work on the report, Lt. General!

Commander of the 1st Division, Continental Army.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:05 pm 

Thanks Lucas, I thought a brief update was in order, we've been a bit slow lately.

(Scott Ludwig)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 am 

Excellent! Well done, Sir.

Field Marshal The Marquess of Charlotte, KCB,
Commander Left Wing, British Army, CCC
Ernie Sands

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:03 pm 

Thanks Ernie! :D Just trying to keep things moving along....

(Scott Ludwig)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 am 

Hi Guys, it's been a while since I have commented here, so I would like to congratulate the staff officers for all their efforts and good luck with breaking the 2008 recruitment, I know you will do it.
Thanks guys all your work is very much appreciated.

British Army in America

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 pm 

Good job one and all. I echo the sentiments of the previous posters.

Quartermaster - General
British Armies in America

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm 

Thanks guys....I sure hope we can..... :D

(Scott Ludwig)