* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 am 

Gentlemen of All Armies,

Steam offers an American football game called Gridiron Solitaire which I beta tested for months and still play a lot of. The game's developer and creator has generously sent me two free Steam keys to this game to offer to whoever I would give them to. He said he'd rather a couple of guys have and enjoy the game for free than accept the $19.98 he'd normally get for two copies, and it's a reward to me for some serious testing.

If you have Steam, take a look at the game's store page and description to get an idea of what it's all about. Don't let the "solitaire card game" aspect of it have you think it might be just a quick time-waster (though it certainly can be that too!). It's an easy game to get into, it's a lighthearted approach to NFL football, but it's also realistic enough to feel like NFL football. Check it out before you decide if you might want a free key to this fun colorful game.

Let's try this. Bartholomew's birthday is or was in this month of October. Whoever is interested in a free copy of Gridiron Solitaire and comes closest to his exact birhdate in October, the two closest guesses (one guess per person, no duplicate guesses) gets a free Steam key for the game. Any takers? Contest ends at midnight November 1st! :mrgreen:

Phil Natta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 pm 

I'll pass, but I wanted to thank you for your generosity in offering these to us Phil! <Salute> You Da Man!!!

Regiment d'Dillon
CCC Secretary of War (Club Records)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 pm 

Indeed, not for me, but thanks for your offer... :)

Field Marshal The Earl of Lexington, OSM
(Scott Ludwig)

Commander-in-Chief of His Most Britannic Majesty's British Armies in America
The British Armies in America

Training Center Commander

Glory in the King's Service! God Save the King!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 pm 

Being an Englishman normally I wouldn't be interested and then again I like NFL football and support the Miami Dolphins and have done for years now, I already have NFL PRO 2013 on my mobile and another game on steam account so I'm interested especially as one of my daughter's birthday is in October, so I will choose her birth date which is 13.
Thanks Phil for the opportunity.

British Army in America

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:39 pm 

Hi Paul,

Congrats! Of all the entries, :wink: you came the closest in guessing Bartholomew's birthday, which was October 29th.....you're a winner! :mrgreen: Please email me at "pnatta(at)earthlink(dot)net" and I'll send your free key to the game.

If anyone else wants the last free key just email me and I'll get it to you. Don't let the few negative reviews convince you it's a bad game. I read those comments and clearly those people did not put in much time with the game and I could easily refute every one of them but won't bother. Let me know what you think of the game, or if you have any questions at all about it.

BTW Paul, there's a little mod which changes the team names to real NFL team names and stats, which makes for a much more realistic feeling, and then you can play using your beloved Miami Dolphins in-game!

Phil