*   The British Armies in America

* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:43 pm 

I hope that you were able to catch the 3 episodes of "Patriots' Rising" on the History Channel this past week-end. I had forgotten that it was airing but luckily I had previously scheduled my DVR to record it, or I would have given you prior warning.

Many interesting facts were depicted which honor a number of unknown heroes (both female and male) of the American Patriots. For instance, have you heard of the Patriot giant; Peter Francisco?

Here's a brief description of each episode:

Return of the Rebels
Season 1, Episode 3
January 24, 2015
In an enhanced episode, Elizabeth Burgin helps POWs escape from British prison ships in New York in 1778; Peter Francisco is known for his size and strength on battlefields in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and South Carolina; and James Armistead, a slave, serves as a spy who gathers intelligence before the Battle of Yorktown in the fall of 1781.

The Empire Fights Back
Season 1, Episode 2
January 24, 2015
An enhanced episode profiles John Glover, a Massachusetts mariner who saved George Washington's army after the Battle of Long Island in August 1776; John Honeyman, a spy whose intelligence gathering helped tip the scales at the Battle of Trenton in December 1776; and Sybil Ludington, a teen girl who rode 40 miles to warn colonial forces about British movements in New York in April 1777.

Rise of the Patriots
Season 1, Episode 1
January 24, 2015
Director's cut of a three-part examination of the American colonies' break from England that highlights contributions by lesser-known individuals to pivotal events, and begins with Joseph Warren, a Boston doctor who sent Paul Revere on his famous ride in April 1775; Samuel Whittemore, a septuagenarian combatant in Massachusetts; and Salem Poor, a former slave who fought at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Continental / American Army