* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Request to un-retire
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:36 pm 

Apologies for posting this in this manner. I have no idea who to contact, and my email wasn't acknowledged.

I am getting out of all clubs, to focus on project work. I am not going to be doing PBEM outside of the context of projects, although admittedly it isn't like I did much of it here or NWC anyway.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by S Trauth on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:54 pm 

Sorry to see you go, Steve.

I will be talking to you soon.

Field Marshal The Marquess of Charlotte, KCB,
Commander Left Wing, British Army, CCC
Ernie Sands

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 pm 

Steve & I did finally connect, it was a busier than normal week last week & I spent 8 hours yesterday with the lady shopping for a registry.... :P :D But I did chat with Steve! We do appreciate you having spent some time with us Steve and we are thankful for the time you spend on the hobby & for doing a great job giving the Scenario Design Center (SDC) some great new life for multiple years now. The use of Facebook for it too was a great addition! Our end of the gaming world is so small and anytime we can support the different parts of it we should. Steve has been very helpful towards us over the years and I always enjoy just talking with him too.....currently about hockey! :P :D

The CCC still gets most of it's visitors monthly directly from game maker's sites, from forums & especially from pages like SDC, which is always in our top 5 referring pages. So we are thankful for that hands down. 8)

We also look forward to the projects you have going in the future. As is usually the case, one can only do so much. But like we've told folks in the past, you're welcome back anytime Steve, if the beat of the drums is heard across the land!! :)

Best of luck & stop by and say hi every now and then!! :D

Field Marshal The Earl of Lexington, OSM
(Scott Ludwig)

Commander-in-Chief of His Most Britannic Majesty's British Armies in America
The British Armies in America

Training Center Commander

Glory in the King's Service! God Save the King!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm 

You know Brett Favre came out of retirement, over and over, you can do it once Steve... c'mon back Steve :mrgreen:

Indian Alliance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 am 

As you guys noted some years back, things change- and well so they have. This lock down period (for me it was about mid March this year), meant a lot more time for some genealogy -and in fact I learned a lot of things that I hadn't known about heretofore -- like for example for the moment it appears that I might be related to at least every other person in colonial Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, plus a bit of Connecticut as well. I have some relatives that are on some Trumbull paintings (some of which are hanging in the Rotunda in the capital building back home (I guess technically I have two homes- and Australia largely exists because Britain was not able to use North America as a social dumping ground to the extent that it had been before (yes, Oliver Cromwell did sell slaves, although he called them indentured servants -- although of the type that had no choice --- I guess by literal definition those people might have been called prisoners of war in another period ... but -well, let's just leave it as an ironic accident that the entire reason I exist is due to the Covenanters having given up a solid position on high ground and getting crushed in what should have been an unloseable battle at Dunbar in 1650.

It, I guess, renewed- well actually generated a lot of interest in the period for me. I'd found some pension applications - and some in some detail; more or less the Battle of Rhode Island was a bit of a family reunion I guess. Militias, Continental Army, previous to that too - stuff like serving in King William's War, not to mention King Phillip's War, FIW too I'm sure ... I'll leave the details alone as that isn't so much the point right now - but, I'd like to come back if possible -

However, I would probably rather be assigned the the Americans. Not sure how much gaming I am going to be able to get into, although I am working on some stuff. Who knows- maybe I might be able to hop into a few. Concord Militia would work out -seeing as there is no Rehoboth Militia -and anyways, Concord is easier to spell.

I exchanged emails with Mr Ludwig the other day (it was about giving the opportunity to change or remove a link, as I am no longer working for any publisher in any capacity. I didn't actually remember my log in even worked.

I plan on doing some graphic mod work on EAW (maybe not MAW, as I don't really play that one all that often) ... probably just 1776 and FIW for now.

I sort of prefer my coming out of 'retirement' analogy to Gordie Howe, however ... :).

Post subject: Re: Request to un-retire
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 am 

:mrgreen: Glad to see you UN-RETIREING.

Field Marshal The Marquess of Charlotte, KCB,
Commander Left Wing, British Army, CCC
Ernie Sands

President, Colonial Campaigns Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 am 

Welcome back Steve, better choice on retirement comeback analogies. The Brett Favre one(s) were not pretty

Indian Alliance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:01 am 

:) ... this is sort of topical, but one of my winter (well Summer here- but I still think like I am in the northern hemisphere I guess) ... is I want to get a couple of books on personal accounts of the Revolutionary War period- I saw that there was something published by the University of Chicago Press- and I think I read that it was largely based on pension applications. I happened across one from one of my ancestors (pretty sure it was from the 1832 Act) - and it was pretty detailed with several affidavits as presented to the court. I think too Henry Comager Steel (and I probably have mangled that spelling badly) had something that looked similar (from the 1970's) - what was a bit under 1200 pages ---

Anyways the point being, if anyone gets the chance -- by all means have a look into some pension applications.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:50 pm 

Sorry it took me sometime to post this, but glad to see your interests being renewed! :)

That's awesome you've been able to find out more about your ancestors! Very cool to even have some in Trumbull paintings!

Pension applications are really key things to look at and can be surprisingly detailed at times.

If folks haven't seen Steve's new page yet, check it out: http://hdc.shipwreck-coast-traders.com/

And the Facebook Group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/488701404795740/

I'll send you an email Steve to get you reassigned to the Continental American Army!

Field Marshal The Earl of Lexington, OSM
(Scott Ludwig)

Commander-in-Chief of His Most Britannic Majesty's British Armies in America
The British Armies in America

Training Center Commander

Glory in the King's Service! God Save the King!