*   The British Armies in America

* Continental American Army

* French Army HQ

* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:09 pm 
Read the rules. Yes, they are dry. Yes, they are dry. And yes, they are very dry! Actually I enjoyed them above alot of rules that I have read for boardgames so the dry part is just funning a bit.

They do take time to plow through.

But you will be a better gamer for it.

I had a new member ask me a question tonite about exit hexes. And I gave him the answer.

But a word to you new guys - you get one answer out of me per game. I played with a guy once that said that reading the rules was not his cup of tea. Then he proceeded to ask me dozens of questions about the game which he could have found out from reading the rules.

Now I dont want to sound mean but I sat down, read the rules long ago, keep up with the changes and if you want my answers after one question then you get to send me 10 dollars! I will be happy to answer one question per game for you - for 10 dollars a question.

Now some of you might say "Man, Bill is kind of mean, I would be happy to answer any questions you newbies have and just dont listen to old Bill." Fine. Go ahead. Please send me your email and I will refer them to you!!![:D]

Now the bottom line is this:

1. I want new guys to enjoy the games and the club.
2. I want them to give us old farts a good fight. Or is that give us old fighters a good fart![xx(]
3. I dont want to sound mean new guys, but please, take some time, sit down with something hot or cold to drink, perhaps a snack, and read through the User.hlp file and any others that are in the game so you know how the game works. It will give you confidence when you get out there and fight old farts like Phil Natta, Gary McClellan, Al Amos or any of the other guys. In other words this is for your own good more or less. And we get a tougher group of guys to fight as a result.

All of us here have something to learn. None of us has 'arrived' in his gameplay to perfection and each of us can learn something from each other.

Thus I intend on being patient with new guys but my motto will remain, "read the rules" and the 10 bucks aint no joke!! After all I am semi-employed and could use the dough![:p]

Now let me point out that I am in the midst of moving, am up to my ears in aligators and didnt really have the time to answer my friend's question. But I did. He is new and I feel a certain companionship towards new folks. I like to make them feel wanted!

Stick around, read the rules and when I am hunkered down for the winter in Idaho come and get me for a battle!