* Indian Alliance

Club Forums:     NWC    ACWGC     Home Pages:     NWC    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texas Revolution
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:10 am 

Posted today at http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Greetings, or perhaps "howdy ya'll" !!

While lying awake last night thinking of sermon illustrations for Psalm 46 and "A Mighty Fortress is Our God," wandering thought took me to the Alamo. Which led me even further astray.

Given the intense pride and loyalty of we chosen few known as Texans, and the equally intense dislike and disdain of all things Texas from the sordid mobs of underlings who have no Texian in them at all, there could be some commercial interest to something like:

"1812: Expansion pack - The Texas Revolution"

A special release to the EAW series game featuring individual scenarios and a campaign or two. Special rules or game mechanics to simulate the Goliad and Alamo fort battles. Some better independent cavalry portrayals, And I'd love to see how Rich and Al et al would handle the infamous "Yellow Rose" incident (San_Jacinto variant "PG-13"). February to April weather in Texas would be a huge influence (anything from ice/sleet to 90+ degrees)

Or perhaps another (4th) title in the EAW series:

"The Napoleon of the West. General Don Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna and the campaigns of Mexico and Texas"

While not guaranteed to attract the interest of New Englanders, I wager even Mid-Westerners may purchase such a title. Might even picque Hispanic interest and pride and tap into a new market.

Sincerely Yours,

Steve

As a footnote:

<i>Fought more battles than Napoleon and George Washington combined, eleven times President and Dictator of the second largest country in the world prior to 1836, captured and caused the loss of half of Mexican territory (one million square miles) beginning on the battlefield of San Jacinto in 1836, released to become President and Dictator of Mexico 7 times more over 40 more years, periodically exiled for a total of 20 years----</i>