Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:16 am 

The Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps has issued me a brand new saber. It is very bright and shiny.

Would there be an accommodating Frenchmen who might help me try it out? Perhaps a game of PTW - Quatre Bras or perhaps historical Waterloo with all optional and few (or no) house rules?

I have all the Talonsoft games, but no HPS games.

(08/24) Still looking for an opponent. What would you like to play?

Sir Jon Graswich
Ensign
11th Light Dragoons
4th Cavalry Brigade
Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps

Treu und Fest
Staunch and Steadfast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:45 am 

Good sir,
I am interested in taking you up on your offer if you are still interested. I am particularly interested in giving the "Kutusov Turns to Fight" scenario in NIR a go. Should this interest you please send a response to me at marrett1981@yahoo.com and we can work out particulars. I am amendable to playing with most rules variants but tend to prefer only some simple limitations on skirmishers. Oh, by the way, do not let my rank fool you into thinking I am necessarily overqualified to take on a new recruit. My record, though lengthy, is mostly a string of well-fought losses.

GdB Michael Arrett
Cmdr. 17th Division
V Corps, AdR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:51 pm 

Ensign Graswitch,

I would be more than happy to meet you at Quatre Bras. I have settled into my new HQ and am looking for fresh Englishmen to challenge.
A courier will follow...

Brig General Doug Fuller
7e Division/CC
II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:25 am 

So many French; so little time……………..

The 4th Cavalry Brigade has been ordered the Duke of Wellington himself to deploy on the extreme left of the army at some obscure village. Per chance anyone know the way to <i>Waterloo</i>?

My more mercurial twin, Steppenwolf Grasewicz, has received an urgent summons by our kinsmen to return home. The Lithuanian Lifeguards have been called to duty. It appears that the issue is no longer in doubt and <i>Kuutsov Turns to Fight</i>!

Unfortunately the number of brave Frenchmen willing to help out the new Ensign has exceeded his capacity to give them the proper attention they so deserve. Gentlemen, for now, this table in the tavern is closed.

Now if I can just remember where I left my recipe for <i>How to Make the Perfect French Toast</i>…………

Sir Jon Graswich
Ensign
11th Light Dragoons
4th Cavalry Brigade
Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps

<i>Treu und Fest</i>
<i>Staunch and Steadfast</i>