Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need Allies for BG Games
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:49 pm 

Sirs,

I would like some allied opponents in the following BG scenarios. I can take quite a few.

PTW:
Historical QB (Also I would like to play as Brits if someone wants to try the French)
No Quater at St Amand
Hold at All Costs

BGW:
Gen D'Erlons Assault
Le Haye Saint has Fallen

NIR:
Shevardino Redoubt
Death in the Fletches
The Guards meet at Utista

Some minor house rules. I am willing to consider other scenarios, but don't have time for the big ones (saving that space for the Guards Challenge).

Brig General Doug Fuller
7e Division/CC
II Corp
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:54 am 

A rather familiar list I have to say. Mr Ranson had an identical one. Presumably a compilation of "easy French victories" except for QB....I'm willing to give you an alternative list topped with Raevskii's Redoubt but I'll meet you on any field of your choice since clearly you need the points[8D]
I'm on holiday as from Saturday 11th for a week but am happy to get something started before or after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:29 am 

Sir,
If you are agreeable, I can bring my army to St Amand in PTW. I will send a messenger to your H.Q.

Regards,

<font color="orange">Ensign John Sheffield
1st Btn/91 foot
[Argyllshire Highlanders]
6th British Bgd/4th Inf Div/
II Corps/</font id="orange"><b><font color="red">Anglo-Allied Army.</font id="red"></b>

<font color="gold">"Four things come back not: The spoken word; The sped arrow; Time past; and Opportunity." </font id="gold">
<font color="yellow">Caliph Omar I, ad 582-644.</font id="yellow">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:43 pm 

Now Msr Moss,

I actaully picked a list of games that I thought were basically even. I have won MV with the Allies in all but Sheverdino's redoubt and QB. If anyone would care to post his/her list of balanced scenario's I would be happy to listen.

As for you personally, since I have 3 straight MV as French at QB, not including our multi-player Twin Battles (also won as a MV), how about you play the French in Historical QB and I'll take the allies. Same house rules as we used in Twin and all optionals except line movement restriction. Are you in? If so send your opening French move.Mabye you can teach me how to deal with those pain-in-the-neck British Rifled (no MG42 equiped) Skirmishers?

Brig General Doug Fuller
7e Division/CC
II Corp
AdN